• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud & authenticating proxies?

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our work environment uses authenticating proxies for Internet connectivity - how do I configure Creatvive Cloud applications to work with that? For example, the Adobe Application Manager doesn't recognize the proxy (nor ask for its password) and hence fails to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

I appreciate the frustration you must be experiencing here, and that these workarounds are not ideal for a corporate environment. I am working with our engineering teams to address these issues, and this information should be useful in finding a solution.

The list above is unfortunately incomplete; please ensure that the following domains are whitelisted:

*.adobe.com

*.adobelogin.com

*.adobeoobe.com

If you are still experiencing problems, please run our Log Collector tool; for example, the file "PDAp

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Your solution worked for me.  What happened in our case is a user tried connection to Adobe CC while on a hotel network before going to the hotel sign in page and getting on the Internet.  That generated the Proxy username and password screen and CC was stuck there until we deleted the .db file you mentioned.  Once we did that, we got back to the appropriate email/password sign in.  I really appreciate your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really unbelievable that a company as Adobe is delivering such a bad product. Our network control refuses to set so many things open in the firewall. To use Creativ Cloud you should only have to do nothing. It should use the PC’s default Internet settings and not connecting to all kind of useless sites, when trying to install the client. All I see are work-around which are a threat for the security. So Adobe, do what you have to do and deliver a proper product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is that Adobe does not have a security focus.  A prime example of this is Adobe Flash which is a massive security risk and is slowly dying off.  Network Security Engineers/Architects do not trust Adobe, or any of their products because they are a massive risk to the network.  Example of this is that hackers were using Adobe Flash to get Cryptowall into networks and hold data hostage from companies for thousands of dollars.  It is a sad day when we have have to lower our security posture for a companies product that is being used as a vector for attacks against our networks and companies.  Adobe, make this so that it can be used behind a proxy properly without us having to risk the security posture of our companies network.  If you are unable to do that, make a specific URL for authentication and verification so that we can bypass just that rather than the entire list of Adobe websites.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLUTION to the Creative Cloud Libraries access not syncing behind a corporate proxy.

ANSWER: add 127.0.0.1 to the Bypass Proxy settings for these hosts in the system preferences under proxy settings.

I am adding to this thread in hope that this will help someone else.

For some reason the creative cloud libraries sync feature would not work properly behind a corporate proxy.

After spending a hour trouble investigating the problem, I finally found the core issue and a solution.

For some reason the application was trying to make requests to 127.0.0.1 which is his own local address

through the proxy.  Adding an exemption in the bypass list to 127.0.0.1 fixed our local users.

Other features may have similar issues until that setting is in place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi how do i find my proxy username and password please? I log into adobe id then it requires proxy password. Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here's the solution myself (IT systems admin) and our security engineer came up with that resolved this. I'm posting this for posterity and to help anyone else who may be in a bind with this. We spent ~2 weeks fixing this issue and it was kind of simple in the end. None of the solutions in this thread helped.

Background:

We're using Websense/Forcepoint for our web filtering/proxy software w/ SSL inspection. Clients that use Adobe CC software are configured to use a PAC file for proxy configuration. Settings are being pushed out via group policy preferences. Websense advised that using a PAC file to configure proxy settings is their "best practice" method instead of using the transparent proxy functions of their content gateways.

We were advised by Websense that we would only need to configure clients to use the PAC file and they would go through the proxy that way instead of the transparent proxy (which will not work with Adobe CC without an extremely open policy, not always acceptable outside of IT). For most sites and clients, this was true but for Adobe CC it was and is explicitly false. It will get up to the point of being able to download and install Adobe CC applications but not actually recognize your subscription despite all of the proper exceptions (minus AWS addresses) in the PAC file to allow direct connections to Adobe services.

Solution:

Configure clients to not only use the PAC file in GPP (User config > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Internet Settings) but also configure the proxy server address, port, and bypass for local address. The settings will be in the same window as where you configure the PAC file.

After configuring the PAC file, the proxy server address, port, and bypassing for local addresses we were able to successfully authenticate and license the software with our subscription. I hope this helps out someone in the future because this was absolutely nuts. Adobe needs to get their software Enterprise-friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem, we're running Websense and we use transparent proxy for our users.

I've tried the suggestion from jconelea but it did not work. How ever, if give the computer specific access rights through the proxy, same as the user has, it is able to connect.

We're using IWA to authenticate users against the proxies.

Adobe, any idea when, or if, you're going to get support going for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this still an issue for large organisations? we too are using websense and our IT Security have outright declined allowing the ports being opened for Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have modified your hosts file then you may need to reset it. I use one from someonewhocares.org, and I found that I had to delete the file (/etc/hosts in OSX and c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). Once it installed, I re-configured by hosts file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a great workaround. Turn on your mobile hotspot (or bring your corporate laptop home and connect to your personal WIFI) then launch the Adobe Application Manager. After you've logged in, you can turn off your mobile hotspot and use your company network as per normal. Your Adobe products will still run fine, but maybe without the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to do it before but when I took the computer back to the corporate network then restarted it, adobe CC was failed again and my photoshop CC, AI CC could not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines