Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App Update 1.7.0.413 doesn't install, error code 50

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya,

been trying to install the latest cc desktop app update to version 1.7.0.413.

At 43% of the installation process it stops with error code 50.

Tried multiple times (even across different days), reproducable behaviour.

Tried deleting the opm.db, had it rebuild by launching the cc desktop app again, still the same issue.

Any ideas?

What's error 50 actually?

Anyone else having this?

Cheers

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

checked the download log:

%temp%/AdobeDownload/LBS.log  (I'm on a windows based machine)

it states: [ERROR] |  | ACC | LBS | InstallThreadProc |  |  | 10224 | ACC installation failed with status: 50

not sure what that means though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Lyrgh Error 50 indicates that the installer was unable to back up needed assets during the installation process.  I would recommend reviewing your installation logs for additional details.   You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log files at Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.

Brett_Kosmider I would recommend you post a new discussion as this current discussion is regarding Error 50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, its totally different as I found out.  Adobe customer service figured it out.  (passive FTP was turned on for some reason, fyi)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problems.  Getting an Error 43 at about 71% finished. "Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again.(Error code: 43) Contact Customer Support"

MacBookPro11,3

Mac OS X 10.9.4

Previously everything worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines