Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop - No Apps Tab

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So as the title says, I installed the Creative Cloud Desktop and there's no "Apps" tab so I can't actually download any of the software. The tabs displayed are Home, Assets, Stock, Discover. I googled this issue and the solution seems to be to go to the Library/ Application Support / Adobe/ OOBE / Configs folder and edit a file there, however, I don't have the Configs folder.

Additionally, I've tried cleaning and reinstalling the CC Desktop and still no luck. I tried to download the software individually from the products page but I get prompted to open the Desktop application - whichever answer I choose results in no further progress.

I'm on Mac OS X, El Capitan.

I'm just glad I haven't signed up for a plan yet as it's impossible to actually download a single application.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Here's a discussion of this very topic:

Apps tab missing from Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a discussion of this very topic:

Apps tab missing from Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already seen this and have tried everything in that discussion.

I've no configs folder so I can't access the file referenced in the link. I have no idea why this stuff won't work on my machine - I can't even download the files individually from the Adobe site because it just wants to open them in the CC Desktop application which, again, doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation. None of the former mentioned or elsewhere suggested solutions work.

There is simpy no Configs folder, making it (with the file in it) doesn't work. Reinstalling, with cleaner tool and manually deleting the Application Support folder, also not working....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I may have figured it out after 3 days of trying everything I could possibly think of. For some reason it seems that a minority of users are experiencing the absence of the Configs folder but what I believe is happening is that the folder is hidden along with it's contents, although I don't know what causes this to happen to some users and not others.

I did find a temporary workaround by downloading the individual software from this page.

But what I found FIXED the issue of the missing folder was this:

Open a new finder window > select "Go" from the menu bar > then "Go To Folder" > paste this "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml" (without the quotation marks) which will take you directly to the file that you need to change, even though it's hidden.

Open the ServiceConfig.xml file (I used Atom) and change the "false" to "true" in the statement.

Run the cleaner on the CC Desktop App then reinstall and your "Apps" tab should appear.

NOTE: If you don't run the cleaner and just reinstall the CC Desktop App after changing the file there will be a little gap that appears where the tab should be, but no clickable link.

Let me know if that works for you - good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've done everything you've said. But there was no file. The path didn't work.

I've also unhide all the finder files (Cmd + Shift + ".") to double check, but the Configs folder is not there.

I then tried creating it... Re-installed after a clean (cleaner tool), but no tab...

I am desperate, and quite frankly getting angry at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! i had the same problem and this post solved it.

Thank you!

Steve

iMac (mid-2010)-Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Worked a charm. File was locked so I had to duplicate and replace.

But Apps is now visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You saved my evening (night!) I was to become crazy! the "go to folder" thing, a copy of the serviceconfig.xml to the desktop and saved, then replaced the original .xml, cleaner and... fine!!!

cheers!

marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. All that time, I've been trying to resolve this issue but you've just nailed it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!! I can't believe we finally resolved this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. Just followed path to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApps. I found that I have 2 Libraries. "PDApps" is located in unhidden library. Following path in hidden library,"Configs/ServiceConfig.xml" is not to be found. Other comments say reinstall does not work. FRUSTRATED with Adobe. This problem is causing delays in projects! Btw, I'm running high sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i pay for after effects but it said (did you mean to switch the apps) when i said yes ...then this application no longer available whats wrong ...can you help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines