• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud hangs at 42%

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading Indesign using creative cloud on my mac book pro and it repeatedly hangs at 42% - what are my options?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

SOLUTION!!! So easy. was hanging at 42% - tried numerous times.

1) Log out of CC

2) Close all CC applications eg Photoshop, Illustrator etc.

3) Reopen CC

4) Begin Download again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi manajoaquin,

Please uninstall Creative cloud desktop: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html, install again and try to download/install apps.

Additionally you ay refer the article: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-cc-installation-download.html.

If you problem is still unresolved then you may try the direct download: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-direct-download-links.html.

Note: Kindly follow the very important instructions before download.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime is this and i must unistall everything and download again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my Intel MacBook (late 2007) with OSX Lion and 4gb of RAM. I've tried installing both InDesign and InCopy and both get stuck at 42%. I've tried uninstalling CC but that didn't work. I haven't found Adobe's FAQs helpful. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the direct download: Download New Adobe CC Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant/Manager) | ProDesignTools.

Note: Kindly follow the very important instructions before download.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem , so I have tried the direct download links, but I get a message 'Access denied'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  can't download these without logging in to your Adobe account from the download page. There is a link there that tells  you to do this first. After logging in you will not have a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Ventanas is correct – on the CC 2015 direct links page, there are 'Very Important Instructions' (required by Adobe's servers) that must be followed carefully or you will get an "access denied" message instead and the direct downloads won't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem with latest Illustrator hanging at 42% I quit CC and tried again. Second time around at 42% it paused and prompted me to quit Photoshop, this failed to show up the first time.

I recommend to others who experiences this to first double check you don't have any other CC apps running that may interfere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After successfully installing Photoshop CC (2014) on a brand new MacBook Pro with Mavericks, the install of Illustrator CC (2014) stopped at 42%. I restarted the computer and the Creative Cloud app. Now InDesign CC (2014) is stuck at 42%. I have no other applications open. Is there any new advice about this problem for the (2014) version of Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem but got around it.

Quitted the download, and started it again from scratch. Second time it worked after making sure nothing else was running especially web browser. I am running Mac OSX10.9.3 (latest) on brand new MacBook Pro w 16Gb Mem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's someone who had that problem on Mac, and the solution she posted:

My download stopped at 42% - but this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so frustrated by the whole process of getting Photoshop CC, from purchase to download. The installer kept hanging over and over, even after multiple restarts. Finally, I took someone's advice and closed the browser—it worked!

Though I'm very familiar with software, I have very little computer knowledge. If I have difficulty installing CC, then someone like my friend's mother (who is only an enthusiast) would have seen this as an impossibility. With all of the talent available to Adobe, this lack of ease and user-friendliness is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that same problem and have tried EVERYTHING I could find out there and still the same. Donwloads stall at 42%. Actually it's the installation that stalls. It seems to download correctly but when it starts the install is stops at 42%. The only thing I have not tried is CC cleaner full uninstall of everything and reinstalling everything. If I was sure this would work then i'd be on it but something tells me I might get in trouble.

Also peculiar is that I have some CC2014 installed that are not being recognized. I made sure the perf language was set to English North America as I had read others had the same problem and found that solution. I'm not sure of the 2 are related, in any case, i'm paying for software I can't install which is not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rkdf what error messages are you able to discover within the installation log files?  Please see Romit's response in message #1 on how to review and interpret the installation log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for what it's worth, I got this error when the Creative Cloud app was not launched by an administrative user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that work for me (OSX) if the install process is hanging typically at 42%:

• Do not quit Creative Cloud
  • Go to finder and Shift+cmd+g to open folder and type /tmp
  • Locate inside tmp the folder container the .dmg file (easier if you sort the view by time created)
  • Copy the dmg file to another location (desktop ..)
  • Quit Creative Cloud now
  • Open the .dmg and launch installer

This way you will not have to re-download the whole installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me with Lightroom download. What worked for me was to uninstall everything including Creative Cloud. Restarted the computer. Then temporarily disabled antivirus. Downloaded Creative Cloud from adobe. Before installing Lightroom again I exited browser as others have suggested. It hung at 42% for a while but I walked away and it finally installed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION!!! So easy. was hanging at 42% - tried numerous times.

1) Log out of CC

3) Reopen CC

4) Begin Download again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much, you've saved me from so much frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 2.09.04 PM.pngI was hoping this would be the solution for me as yes having that 42% hang issue but I shutdown my adobe programs and CC and restarted CC and tried to redownload and stuck on 42% again grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems there a few ways to sort this.

After a week of frustration I downloaded again the CC Desktop App and installed "over the top"

Worked after that.  Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the instructions guys. if you do it step by step you should be fine

1) Log out of CC

3) Reopen CC

4) Begin Download again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines