• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For quite some time now have I struggled with the Creative Cloud application.

Whenever an update is available and I try to install it everything seemingly goes normal, until the progress bar gets near 90%, then it just closes the window. The Creative Cloud background process will keep running and will be hogging resources, but the installation never seems to finish, longest time I have waited on it has been 9 hours. When I tell my computer to restart there is no pop-up telling me a process is still running and needs to be closed or anything.

Once I have restarted my computer immediately a pop up appears which reads "Creative Cloud has stopped working".

Capture.PNG

When I click to view problem details I get the following information:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    BEX

Application Name:    Creative Cloud.exe

Application Version:    3.5.1.209

Application Timestamp:    56be1bfc

Fault Module Name:    StackHash_5861

Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000

Exception Offset:    PCH_09_FROM_ntdll+0x0003C9EC

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Data:    00000008

OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:    1043

Additional Information 1:    5861

Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3:    1318

Additional Information 4:    13181ae637ac2592fac0ca2dd662cdcc

In the past I have worked around this by using the CCcleaner tool, removing it with control panel does not work, and then reinstalling everything, but it'd rather fix the problem instead of having to spend an entire day reinstalling all of my Adobe programs whenever Adobe decides to update Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

I fixed it.

All I had to do was restore my computer to factory settings and then when I tried to reinstall Creative Cloud everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sint_Sam,

Please refer Creative cloud has stopped working! 4th time! 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advise, sadly it didn't help, the uninstaller said the app was deleted with failures.

So a new problem has arisen, I decided to just uninstall CC with the CCcleaner tool, but it gives an error saying a couple of processes could not be terminated because there are no running instances of the task. If I try to reinstall CC afterwards it shows error code 50, I've already tried all of the methods given on "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .

I've also found out the processes CCcleaner could not terminate are actually running in the background, all 6 of them are named "Adobe CEF Helper.exe", if I try to end them I get an error message reading "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." despite me having given myself full admin priviliges.

As you might've noticed I'm new to the Adobe forums, should I delete my thread, alter it, or start a new one, now that my issue has been 'resolved'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sint_Sam,

Click here to Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application  (this is not the cleaner tool, it's specific tool for uninstalling Creative cloud desktop app)

After this Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to inform you that it does not work. You would've known this if you read my previous comment...

"I've already tried all of the methods given on "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app ." just look at solution 1 and you will see that it links to the same exact page you directed me to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1)

Run System File checker command and see if there is any issues detected.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/929833

Step 2)

Try repairing all version if Visual C++ Re-Distributable packages installed.

Make sure Windows OS and associated drivers are up to date.

Then try to install and launch App again.

Still same ??

Follow below steps.

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud . ( Yes ..again..)

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Disable Firewall Temporarily.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

I followed all of your methods, as you can see, the system scan found no corrupt files.

I tried the uninstaller, I tried it with firewall disabled, I tried to Install it, but now when I try to install Creative Cloud I just click yes on allowing it to install and then nothing happens, nothings shows up in Task Manager, the only thing Adobe related that show up there are the following things:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

I don't know if they are supposed to be there, especially since I should no longer have any Adobe programs installed according to my control panel.

After deleting the files you mentioned these processes didn't stop and trying to install still gives the same result.

When I look at Event Viewer the last time it showed any errors for Creative Cloud have been on the 11th of May, it does show 8 errors though.

Here is a snip of the first one of that day:

Capture0.PNG

P.S. I totally forgot to mention anywhere in the previous posts I am using Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it.

All I had to do was restore my computer to factory settings and then when I tried to reinstall Creative Cloud everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolutely unacceptible solution for enterprise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My sentiments exactly. Unacceptable and rediculous suggestion to suggest reimaging all machines en-masse to resolve an app crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, reimage the machine to resolve an issue with a persistent app crash.

Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still get same error , we will need to check with Event Viewer Logs.

Open Event Viewer - Windows Help

Path :

Windows Logs > Applications- Error

Example :

event.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines