• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is charging the CPU at 99% since yesterday's update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two processes that are making the processor run at max are CCLibrary and CCXProcess. Any idea?

Captura de pantalla 2015-11-25 a las 7.53.36.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

This issue should be addressed by an update to the Creative Cloud app that was released yesterday.

You'll want to uninstall and reinstall the Creative Cloud app to get the 3.4.2.187 version. It won't appear as an update within the app. These would be the steps I'd recommend

1) Close all open Adobe products

2) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app

3) Close all Adobe related processes using Activity Monitor or Task Manager, list of processes below:

• Creative Cloud
  • Adobe CEF Helper
  • Adobe Desktop Service
  • Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since two days. Today I have uninstalled all Adobe Products. Deleted everything related to Adobe and made a clean install of the Creative Cloud. After this I have the same issue as before. Please help!

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 13.52.00.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 13.52.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly try to close the following process, restart the machine and check if it is still the same.

• CreativeCloud
  • Adobe CEF Helper`
  • Adobe Desktop Service
  • AdobeIPCBroker
  • Creative Cloud
  • AdobeUpdateDaemon
  • AdobeServiceInstaller
  • AAM Update Notifier
  • CCLibrary
  • node
  • Core Sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed to me too. As I said in my comment, I've made a clean install too this morning to try to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed here, same processor consumption and Libraries not working .

Captura de pantalla 2015-11-25 a las 16.12.03.png

Captura de pantalla 2015-11-25 a las 16.11.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a dummy user on my MacBook, started session on it and logged with my CC credentials and everything is normal, so there is something on my user preferences that is creating the problem. Maybe the better choice will be an OS X clean installation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly share the version of Creative Cloud that is installed on your machine, so that we can try to assist you appropriately. We would also like to know since when you are observing this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud 3.4.0.180. The strange behavior started yesterday. Libraries are not working since then. And CCXProcess and CCLibrary starts over and over and always putting the CPU up to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your investigation. I have also Creative Cloud 3.4.0.180. The behavior started also yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. Let me take this further, and I would get back to you in case additional details are needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems and task manager processes here....tying up the memory, causing a screen refresh on the desktop every few seconds....and that is when I am NOT using any of the apps. Happening since the update to 3.4.0.180 yesterday. Hoping a solution comes quick, I earn my living with sales, and the problems editing product photos during the Christmas sale season is going to take a huge chunk out of my annual income.

Thanks

ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here too. 100% CPU on "CCXProcess" and "CCLibrary" since update to 3.4.0.180 yesterday morning.

I can kill the Processes, but they reappear after reboot (without starting Creative Cloud or any other CC Application).

Quick fix would be appreciated

hg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, my fans in my MacBook Air and MacBook Pro were really noisy and not stopping for a minute after shut down. When I killed CCXProcess and CCLibrary the fan noise stopped. I hope the most recent update a few minutes ago will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you have with the most recent update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud 3.4.1.181 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A patch has been released recently, kindly check your Creative Cloud version and make sure that it is updated to v3.4.1.181. We would like to know if the behavior is now usual or the issue still persists.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated both my MacBook Air and MacBook Pro to v3.4.1.181 and both still have CCXProcess and CCLibrary at ~>99 %CPU. I still have to quit both to get the fan to stop being so noisy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, let me get this checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since yesterday - and confirm: 3.4.1.181 doesn't solve the problem. Working with LR is impossible - any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul Saini‌ is there any update on this issue today? I'm having the same issue as these folks. CCLibrary and CCXProcess are consistently between 99 and 100% of the CPU when I have no Adobe CC products open. And I've just completed All Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I get the latest release? I uninstalled CC Desktop and got the version from the download area: It´s still version 3.4.0.180 ("Preferences" -> Field "App-Version"). But in the Info.plist of the downloaded package (right-click "creative cloud installer" > Show Package Contents) it´s named 3.4.1.181

And, Same result here: CCLibrary and CCXProcess are running at 99,9% CPU with version 3.4.0.180

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me in. Same two processes. Both 100% all the time. CC Cloud version 3.4.0.180 (wouldn't change if I try and update the app, still says 3.4.0.180)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...to add to my previous post. At least the CCXProcess launches itself again and again, although I shut it down every time when I realize that it's eating up my CPU again. It just adds to the annoyance.

Any help would seriously be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same behavior. Killing does not help, cause the process is starting again after some minutes. I uninstalled the whole application. 100% CPU and a noisy fan isn´t funny at a production system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines