• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is using 40% of my CPU

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either Creative cloud (32 Bit) or Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service is using my CPU all the time and I don't know why.

This is my situation for about a year now.

It is not 100% of cpu. But my hardware fans are making noise.

I created a .bat to kill all Creative Cloud processes, and when killing all, the fans instantly stop spinning.

But sooner or later Creative Cloud restarts itself.

Anyone else is having this problem? Is this a normal behaviour?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are your sync'g files or sync'g fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it has to do something with the "Elements" tab in the creative cloud app.

The wheel "searching update" is spinning all the time, and the memory usage is going up (memory leak).

After 5 Minutes of waiting the wheel is still spinning and the memory is at 1GB.

The app is up to date (reinstalled just yesterday).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's expected if there's a problem with sync'g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change the state of sync. The hark is grey and can't be clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud using admin account*

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

*for info on how to use admin account, see solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned and reinstalled everything. Now I was able to turn off the snyc of files and fonts:

But the main problem remains: A creative cloud process called "Adobe Desktop Service.exe" (not the creative desktop app) is still running with 28% of CPU time, and memory is bleeding. From time to time the creative cloud process starts itself, because ram usage is going too high:

Here the creative cloud process stops and restarts itself (at about 1 Gig of ram):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windows 10. I already did the uninstall, clean, reinstall part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I followed the above steps to uninstall/reinstall the software about 6-8 months ago. And now it is happening again. Adobe CC is using almost 100% of my CPU Time even when the app has been quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wake up Adobe! Two years later and l'm having the same problems described here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too...same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here . My laptop is going to fly away. Adobe is working my CPU way too hard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's 2021 and the "Adobe Genuine Software Service" is always at the top of my Processes list. And look at XD! It's only using .7% while the Genuine SOftware service is using 17.5%!

And my fan never, ever stops going nuts until I log onto our VPN, get a temp password from IT, run Task Manager as Admin and manually kill all these processes. THIS IS TERRIBLE

Adobe software is not the most important thing on my laptop and there's NO WAY they should be using this many cycles.

GET IT TOGETHER, ADOBEadobelol.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solutions? kkkk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@douglasp19877631 As you can see, this is an ongoing concern for some users, myself included. I typically only launch the CC desktop app to install updates. Otherwise, I quit all Adobe instances running via Task Manager and then launch apps as needed locally. Even this causes tons of background processes to creep back in. But they typically remain at 0% CPU. And my method doesn't always work for people who rely on networked servers, cloud storage, and shared libraries.

It's true these programs are system hogs and, based on OS configurations and workflow, they can cause fans to kick in and other programs to slow down. It's a balancing act to be sure. The good news for me is that I can reach a stabilization point where the apps run great and I can get my work done. But not everyone is as fortunate. I don't know the solution other than to keep voicing the concerns.

I'm sure engineers are well aware that something has to give in order to provide all the fantastic features these programs offer. It's easy to get frustrated with technology. Yet I'll accept the hurdles in order to be able to do what I love. I realize this is not the answer you are looking for but I want you to know you are not alone in recognizing the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kalamun_1-1653970094540.png

2022 here and still messing around with this s h i t.
Don't know why Creative Cloud needs to consume more than After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now March 2022... and this appears to STILL be a problem!  Is this for real?

I have Adobe photoshop and Adobe Lightroom installed, for just occasional use.  But my PC is sluggish for big periods of time when these applications are not running.  "Creative Cloud Desktop" is currently consuming between 30 and 35% of my CPU.  

This is incredibly annoying, what does it think it's doing?!  There is no disk activity, and no network activity for this aplication in task manager.

Adobe, you really need to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same problem. The latest Adobe apps on windows are dog slow as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have "solved" (for me) the biggest problems of background processes slowing everything down - by disabling everything i can re the creative cloud.  I don't use the creative cloud and adobe give the options to turn off this functionality .....     For now at least, that appears to shut off the constant draining of the CPU.

The way that this functionality has been engineered seems very poor.   I have Dropbox installed for example, and that does similar stuff without crazy CPU load the whole time.

I have also doubled my PCs memory from 4gb to 8gb - as it seemed to me that 4gb was not enough for running even a single adobe application.  That seems to have helped a bit the terrible sluggishness when using the adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, even in August 2022. Creative Cloud works fine on some computers. On others, Creative Cloud Helper and Adober Desktop Service generate permanent very high CPU load that makes a computer almost unusable, even when  neither Creative Cloud nor one of the applications is running.

Reinstalling etc. does not help. I have still to find a solution. Adobe, please fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums and everyone posting in 2022 is adding to a thread over 5 years old that's going to get negligible attention.  ie, start your own thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good point. Although people sometimes "reactivate" older posts or get back to these because they have a rather good search enginge visibility, it's better to start new threads when old problems arise again. I'll start a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines