• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud One Years Subcription help.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I took the creative cloud subscription out on the 7th of January. I had no idea it was a one year subscription until I tried to cancel the package today 29th of January.

I have not signed a contract phiscally or electronically to say I’d be making these payments.

When Ive contacted the customer service via the live chat I just get keep getting passed around to different customer advisors and I haven’t had any help whatsoever.

I feel like there are consumer laws here in the UK protecting me from this kinda of business pratice.

Could anyone shed any light on how I cancel this contract with out paying 6 months of subscription fees that I didn’t know I had or that I was going to use?

Thanks

Michael

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

michaelh77584050  wrote

Hi,

I took the creative cloud subscription out on the 7th of January. I had no idea it was a one year subscription until I tried to cancel the package today 29th of January.

I'm sorry that you have problems cancelling your plan but...

It's difficult not to see that it is an annual plan:

You have to enter a lot of detail, just to let it slip as a inadvertently buy:

And even now, after entering an e-mail...you still need to enter data:

...and again, there are subscription and ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You indicate you took a subscription on January 7 - that is the contract.  If you didn't read thru the terms of the agreement/subscription, it is no one's fault beyond yours.  Part of the information you would have read would have described the length of the subscription (1 year) and the limited period allowed for cancellation (14 days), as well as the penalty for early cancellation after the 14 day period ends.  No one here can advise you on how to back out of a contract - if your consumer laws do protect you then that is where you need to focus your questions/efforts - that or keep trying to get Adobe to agree with your position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but to make any contract legally binding you need to signature as proof you agree to make payments these payments for a year. I should of read into the terms and service a little more and I will do in the future, but I feel like adobe have made it so I didn’t know I was ‘signing‘ a years contract and then to asked me to pay for half a years contract that I wouldnt even be able to use as the account would then be cancelled is just a tad shady. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You clicking OK and allowing Adobe to have your CC info is just like Signing a piece of paper.

You agreed to a One Year Subscription with the option to Cancel within a 14 day period if you wanted to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the problem is that it isn’t the same thing, you can‘t sign people up for a yearly subscription/contract or anything along those lines without a signature physically or electronically.

If what your saying is true I could just cancel these payments with my bank and leave the account dead which you can’t do legally with a proper contract.

just writing this if anyone needs the same help in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelh77584050  wrote

Yes but the problem is that it isn’t the same thing, you can‘t sign people up for a yearly subscription/contract or anything along those lines without a signature physically or electronically.

Where have you got that impression from? Signatures verify your identity and confirm your intent. Signing in with your Adobe ID and clicking the Place Secure Order button serves the same purpose.

Binding online contracts are routinely entered into every day without signatures. Adobe has 7+ million Cloud subscribers who have signed up using the same steps as you have performed.

We understand that you've only just woken up to your 12 month commitment to this Cloud membership but that's what the 14 day refund (or 'cooling off') period is for in the Cloud terms and conditions. Now that that has passed, you are obliged to either complete the 12 month contract  or pay the early termination fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand what your saying and I get your point but what I‘m trying to say is nothing is binding about it whatsoever. If I can cancel my credit card payements to adobe and leave the account dead what’s binding about that?

Its not a direct debit set up with bank details, believe me I work selling mobile phones on credit every day of my life and I can tell you this is not a contract where anyone in the world is obliged to pay a termination fee ever.

Why don’t adobe do a monthly rolling payment like every other service provider? Do you think it would be to mislead people into the samething I have. After the year sub  of £10 a month it’s works out the same price if I was to buy lightroom at £120 full price and they wanna charge me half the price of that because I wasn’t made fully aware I was signing a twelve month contracts.

Surely you can see the major issue here? If nots that’s ok but I wonder how many of those 7 million people you boast have had the same issue, I’d guess a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DOES have a monthly contract, if you select that option, for a higher monthly cost but the ability to cancel any month

I'm not a lawyer, but I will say that if you cancel your credit card so Adobe can't get paid, I have the idea that you won't ever be able to buy anything from Adobe again

I don't KNOW that Adobe has a "do not sell" list, but that is what I would do if I was selling something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the package where they want £50 a month which works out at about $65 a month just to use lightroom classic? And all of the benefit so I can cancel the service when I would like to stop using it? What a steal!

Do you realise a credit card is not a proof of ID?! Surely you have got this far in real life to understand that, when has anyone ask you to prove who you are with a credit card? If you bought anything and paid it off over the year, they would of wanted a passport or a scan of your birth cert..something a long those lines. I can just use a different credit/debit card and there we go..or are they gonna ban every Michael Hanna?

Id say clearly your not a lawyer and thank the gods your not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelh77584050  wrote

Do you realise a credit card is not a proof of ID?! Surely you have got this far in real life to understand that, when has anyone ask you to prove who you are with a credit card?

Are you telling us that you paid with a fake credit card?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that cancelling your credit card doesn't make a contract or a debt go away. But I'm not a lawyer. Adobe have good ones though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelh77584050  wrote

I totally understand what your saying and I get your point but what I‘m trying to say is nothing is binding about it whatsoever. If I can cancel my credit card payements to adobe and leave the account dead what’s binding about that?

If Adobe wants to sue you they could...

michaelh77584050  wrote

Its not a direct debit set up with bank details, believe me I work selling mobile phones on credit every day of my life and I can tell you this is not a contract where anyone in the world is obliged to pay a termination fee ever.

OK, do not pay...

michaelh77584050  wrote

Why don’t adobe do a monthly rolling payment like every other service provider?

Hm, first you have. It's just more expensive. So people will choose the cheaper part and will rant afterwards. If you are working in the business, why not looking at the conditions. My former mobile phone service provider had a sales condition sheet of a full page written in very small font. When I started reading it, the vendor got nervous. I pointed out the an unlimited plan could not be limited at a fixed situation (I was anyhow using the limited plan...). I read the conditions, even when I have the vendor in front of me before signing. I read any contract I sign if it is a 10$ or 10,000,000$ contract...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not longer replying to this thread, leaving it up for anyone who has this problem.

Anyone else reading this with the same problem don’t let the adobe defense force make you feel like your tied into a year for something your not going to use for a year. Its a subscription and not a legally binding contract its that simple.

Thanks you all for your replies and your time.

Xxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

michaelh77584050  wrote

I am not longer replying to this thread

Good idea. I suppose you never had to do with real legal problems in your life...  Live long and prosper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelh77584050  wrote

Yes but to make any contract legally binding you need to signature as proof you agree to make payments these payments for a year. 

You made a contract, entered your credit card data, your e-mail, may be you downloaded the software...  You will have a hard time to prove that it was not you voluntarily entering all those data and not knowing that you bought something.

I believe that you did not know what you bought, but with you signing physically a contract, you will not know neither.

And you are wrong, even a oral agreement or a handshake is a legally binding contract. The only problem with that type of contract you have is to proof the terms and conditions you have agreed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelh77584050  wrote

Hi,

I'm sorry that you have problems cancelling your plan but...

It's difficult not to see that it is an annual plan:

You have to enter a lot of detail, just to let it slip as a inadvertently buy:

And even now, after entering an e-mail...you still need to enter data:

...and again, there are subscription and cancellation terms to click and they are even highlighted.

A simple click brings up a nice little window with very useful information and without hundreds of paragraphs:

There are 8 lines of text+one footnote.

I can understand that one does not read this, but to claim that one didn't made a contract by entering his payment data and clicking several times a blue button labeled " BUY NOW", "CONTINUE" and "PLACE A SECURE ORDER" is at least a very bad excuse.

Sometimes one need to learn that the terms of a contract need to be read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines