• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud update causes computer malfunction

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have changed my adobe contract and was told to update my creative cloud. i did. now my computer is completly malfuncting. cant type, cant open programmes to use. i reckon it is technically too old for the new update. maybe installing an older version of c.cloud would solve it. setzing back the system, or repairing or reinstalling c.cloud wont do. i am ujder immense pressure to use my computer now for work, so my question is: if i uninstall c.cloud and indesign (so as to gain back basic function of my computer, to use word and email), will my already existing indesign files suffer possible damage? will i be able if i reinstall c.claoud and indesign on new computer lateron to open them and work with them as usual? i put one year of daily work into these projects. but i am not a computer pro. please help. thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

i just need to know if i can uninstall creative cloud and indesign without it damaging the indesign files that already exist on my computer

Yes, you can. Uninstalling InDesign will not have any effect on your InDesign files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS (exactly), amount of RAM and how much spare disk capacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thx for answering. i cant answer that question, as i dont understand it. i am not very good in computer science. i am a writer ... sry ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just need to know if i can uninstall creative cloud and indesign without it damaging the indesign files that already exist on my computer. so that i can install indesign on a new, better computer and then open the same files there again.

(i have tried with the new updated c.cloud and my computer a zillion times, it wont work)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just need to know if i can uninstall creative cloud and indesign without it damaging the indesign files that already exist on my computer

Yes, you can. Uninstalling InDesign will not have any effect on your InDesign files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversation moved from indesign to CC services forum.

thanks

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do anything about uninstalling or reinstalling until you've shared with us the full details of the symptoms you face. If you can't answer these questions, you probably need basic computer training before you can effectively use these apps. We can help you answer this question "Which OS (exactly), amount of RAM and how much spare disk capacity?" and you need to. To start with, is it a Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for answering. no, i dont need basic computer training, i work on computers sindce over 20 years. i am not a native speaker so i had problems with the technical question. also my computer does not meet the requirements for the update of c.cloud, as i ahve mentioned, which caused the problem. i can opertate indesign just fine, have been working with it for over a year. thing is, i just asked a completely different question than ure trying to answer. but i already got the answer. uninstalling ccloud now and getting a better computer for the updated ccloud. thanks again and have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patient asks the doctor, "will I be able to play the violin following my surgery?"

Doctor says, "I don't see why not."

Patient says, "that's great because I never could play violin."

You haven't given us enough information to properly answer your question. 

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  The requirements vary by product and platform.  If unsure, ask a computer savvy friend/family member or technician to help you.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, thanx for answering. as i have already said, my computer does not meet the requirements for the update of ccloud. before the update it did. my question was a completly different one. someone else helped. cheers & have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines