Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Very Slow

Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The company has moved me onto creative cloud. I used the uninstaller to remove CS6 and installed CC.

CC indesign is so slow!  Just scrolling about etc is a total dog.

I am using OSX 10.8.4 with a quad core i7 mac with 16 gigs of ram and SSD drive. CS6 was great but CC is a dog.

Do you think there is reminants from the previous version or something? Do I need to consider a total wipe of the OS and start again?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Hi, folks

This is coming from a novice user which I really am, weighing all options to start using "Creative" software of the likes of Adobe or Adobe itself. Reading all the comments of unfortunate users I felt sorry for most of you and signed in specifically to post a comment of mine. I came across a blog addressing just the issue of incredibly sluggish InDesign performance regardless of a platform you are on - Mac, Windows. To make long story short the problem (if not fixed still by Adobe) may

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. EVERYTHING I do in InDesign CC is now "sticking" for like a second. I tried all the prefs fixes. This is maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Is there a way to re install Cs 6 ? I can't find the way to install this version.
and I can't work at all with this problem if it can't be solved.

My configuration : osX 10.9, 2,6 Ghz intel core i7, RAM 16 Go DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll down to in this version and click the drop down. Choose CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Illustrator is slow too. 3 minutes to save a file with slightly complex color and overlays. Also, my InDesign will not export to high quality print pdf.

I realize this is downloaded software, but like other cloud platforms, are processes tied to Adobe servers slowing everything down? I don't use music

service clouds like amazon for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The applications only talk to Adobe servers to check in that the subscription is up to date once every thirty days or so. This sounds like a system problem. What are your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response was blank which means you should come back tot he web page to post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for the followup. My PC specs - Asus - Windows 8.1 64bit, AMD A10-6700 APU Processor w/ Radeon 8670 HD Graphics (4 cpu's - 3.7GHz), 15GB ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System specs seem more than adequate. Have you trashed the prefs? See Replace Your Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi P Spier.
You said that "The applications only talk to Adobe servers to check in that the subscription is up to date once every thirty days or so"
Are you completely sure about this? The reason why I'm asking for confirmation is because I don't trust my connection enough to rely on software running on a server. Thus my current  reluctance to adhere to CC. Can you direct me (/us) to some Adobe description about how CC works in this regard?
Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any links for you, but this was a big topic of discussion when CC was first announced. You download the software and install it locally (at least for the main applications -- there's some new stuff for mobile devices that I know absolutely nothing about), and there is no need at all for an internet connection except every 30 days to check the subscription status. This was a big point of concern for many users in areas with unreliable or expensive internet service.

There might be some optional services that require a connection, but they are not going to affect your ability to work with the program to do layout on files you store locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched from CS6 to the CC. Same problem as others are having, for example in Illustrator even selecting a simple shape takes "thinking" for at least a second. I need this program to move as fast as I can. These are "no brainers" in the design and computing world, speed is everything. Adobe, I don't have time for computing speeds from the 80s. Very disappointed and I'm not seeing any real solutions in this thread. The CC concept is cool but if its not up to speed, don't bring it to market like its the best thing since sliced bread, WTF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the CS6 design suite in April last year, it was on my 2013 Dell inspiron 5721 17R with a Intel i7 and 8GB of ram, I had a sloooow 5400rpm HDD so I recently upgraded to a 542GB SSD for my laptop. Well since I did that I first installed InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro X & Illustrator from my CS6 pack, using Adobes download link. It ran great and flawless, then I noticed when I logged into my Creative Cloud account that I could upgrade to the Acrobat Pro XI, so I did, and then noticed that it said I should get the "latest version" of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator by installing the CC ones.

Well I installed those new programs and for the last week I have been fighting with it! InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are all SLOW! What is going on Adobe, I think I will uninstall my CC and just use my CS6 suite if you don't have a resolution? I have all the updates done. Creative Cloud is lacking performance for us who need it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have just installed InDesign CC.  It took an hour to open, after it had downloaded.  Then the first time I clicked on "help" to make sure my license had been read it took 20 seconds for the dialogue box to open.  I clicked on "new" and created a blank page document, clicked OK and it took 30 seconds for the blank page to appear.  That's on an 3.4Ghz 8-core Xeon with 8GB of Ram.  I made the mistake of clicking on "bridge" toi browse my image files. That was about 1 hour ago and it is at 84% in the download. It made me close InDesign, the blank document took over 30 seconds to close.

What is this Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for our marketing team. Indesign CC 2014 is slower than molasses rolling uphill on a cold day. Even just clicking the cursor in a text field is at least a 15 second wait. What should be a 5 minute edit to a book usually takes the greater part of an hour.

We have yet to try Indesign CS6 but I dont know if our books developed in CC will be compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i'm  trying to update photoshop and some other programs but it is acting slow. Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you disconnect any ethernet cable as well as wifi. This will not fix the problem if you need to be online or connect to a server for any shared files. However if this test works (it did for me twice on two different machines), then you can help resolve this problem by letting Adobe know it worked for you.

Unfortunately it is not a complete fix, nor is it any fix if you have to work on a network. I discovered this after more than 8 hours of phone support with Adobe, and almost the same amount with Apple.

By the way, David Blatner has some great suggestions that may also work. Go to:  http://indesignsecrets.com/why-is-indesign-soooo-slow.php

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is slow in general - and it can take down my entire system.  I've gone back to CS4 for the most part.  I don't know that this is unique to Adobe.  I wonder if it's a SaaS problem and most machines/modems just can't deal with it.  But I do know that when I've turned it completely off, my entire system runs faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC just went buggy in InDesign. Random time outs for no reason at all. It was all good until yesterday, and I didn't change anything. I went back to CS6 and am not having any issues. I don't have time to trouble shoot this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it has been very buggy the last few days with me. Sucks when your trying to get files to the printer and it decided to force close twice in 1 hour!!!

IDK why we pay for CC at my work when its S**T. CS6 always worked for me... Come on adobe you can do better we know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By hey, they got my $52 this month, so it's all good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah in their eyes! My company is picking up the slack for my current CC subscription. They lost my personal subscription because of these issues, it's not worth paying for something that not efficient and working correctly when its my own money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my sarcasm was too subtle. I'll work on that in the future. Maybe Adobe can work on a better workflow in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood, it wasn't to subtle, lets hope they do lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who uses InDesign CC, please SAVE regularly.

I just went to export a PDF after doing a hour+ of changes and bam... force close screen... HOW ANNOYING, Don't waste your money on CC! Buy the CS6 suite it has far less issues and you'll save in the long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines