Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe fails to load, returns error code 48

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says.

Following a support representative's advice I deleted the contents of my %temp% folder and deleted the opm.db file.

I then rebooted (unfortunately my computer had some problems and I lost contact with the support representative) and tried to re-run CreativeCloudSet-Up with exactly the same result.

I have repeated the steps above with no luck. The program always returns error code 48, a critical file/directory can't be accessed.

Any ideas? Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

*solved*

My users folder is on my drive D: and so is my downloads directory (as set up by Windows) - this seemed to be the problem. I moved CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe to my Desktop (which is still on drive C:) and it now says it's installing.

Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*solved*

My users folder is on my drive D: and so is my downloads directory (as set up by Windows) - this seemed to be the problem. I moved CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe to my Desktop (which is still on drive C:) and it now says it's installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey im getting the same problem. However this solution hasnt helped unfortunately.

i tried to move it onto the desktop which failed. so then i moved it directly onto the c drive and it still is failing...

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found your suggestion after hours of frustration attempting to re-install Creative Cloud. It worked first time - huge thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm moving it to the desktop. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me.. Awesome!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.. Helpful solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a ridiculously bad piece of software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I moved the CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe file to the desktop and it worked perfectly...I've searched everywhere for the right answer, this is a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*solved*

...........................................................................................

It works, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, did that and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. this hint helped me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is not useful for me!

I move it to my desktop, but it dont want to install!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I moved it to Drive D(not system drive) and it worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I can install it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you move it to a diff drive please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I HAVE tried nd tried, ecen mocing CC folder to desk top and STILL get error 48

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my CC by rebooting in Windows Safe Mode with Networking and it updated perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of aggravation......finding your advice was amazing.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else found a solution to this issue? Ive tried locating the .db file so I could delete it, deleted all temp files through "Disk Cleanup" and moved the cc install exe to desktop but no luck so far. Definitely appreciate any further ideas if there are any.

Many thanks

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi for me it had to do with permissions, if its on a work computer check if you have the correct permission to install it on the selected drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had put it on the desktop but now it gave me and Error 81!

Kindly help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved me... thanks! This software is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines