Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 licensing problems after new install

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have installed and registered properly CS4 Design Premium on my computer, but cannot start any app. When I click, I get a message: Licensing for this product has expired

I followed these instructions (both Solution 2 and Solution 3): https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html but they didn't help. Just one thing I made differently in Solution 3 was that I didn't use the Add or Remove Programs feature in Windows but the program Revo Uninstaller. 

In addition, I don't know why I have this problem. I didn't use CS4 before, only CS3.

I don't know what else I could do. Pls help. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Hello again.

I actually managed to get a CS4 installation links and serial number as a result of my persistence. I have however new problems with running it. When I try to run it, a pop up appears that reads Licensing for this product has expired. I followed these instructions but they didn't help: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html.

Maybe you can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

I actually managed to get a CS4 installation links and serial number as a result of my persistence. I have however new problems with running it. When I try to run it, a pop up appears that reads Licensing for this product has expired. I followed these instructions but they didn't help: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html.

Maybe you can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This persistence ... did it mean someone from Adobe finally contacted you with a private message and offered you CS4 at a special price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, someone from Adobe has sent me (in an email) links and serial number of CS4 for free. However, as I wrote, I cannot start it... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your persistence with whom?  I'm sorry but this sounds bogus.  Did you initiate contact with Adobe directly via online chat or did someone contact you privately by e-mail or Skype?   

Real Adobe reps never use Skype, Outlook or Google to communicate with customers. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My persistence with the Adobe support via Adobe chat. The support people told me in the chat, that they would redirect my "case" to their superior, who would contact me via email within two days. And they did. In the email there is my Adobe case number and besides they knew my problem, who I had shared only in the chat with the Adobe support. So it doesn't seem bogus at all to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here can help you.  CS3 is officially dead.  And Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't ask any help with CS3.

And nobody offered to sell me anything.

But thanks for the warning anyway. I will be extra careful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Nancy. I was very persitent and no one at Adobe helped me. I got some clear directions from Nancy but actually the ugly truth is that even if you bought a perpetual license and a lifetime usage you cannot do it if you have to re-install the SW because Adobe stopped the activation process and also doesn't send you the activation patch which once existed, if I understood all that correctly. As you read between the lines, I am still heavily disappointed with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove old CS3 files with the Adobe Cleaner Tool and delete the Adobe PCD folder from your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news and I'm glad to hear it... since there are scammers out there. Let's hope someone can sort out the remaining tech issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines