• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 UPDATE FAILS: There was an error downloading this update

New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the Adobe support and they claim that CS5 is too old and I cannot get any help from them.

Below is all I get from Adobe Application Manager:

---------------

Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 Update

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 5.0 Update

Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 Update

Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.5 Update

Dreamweaver CS5 11.0.4 Updater

Fireworks CS5 11.0.2 Update

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Update

-----------

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Locking this discussion.

Please see Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) which discusses a workaround to allow Creative Suite titles to be installed on macOS Sierra.

If you continue to face difficulties then please start a new discussion in the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forums at Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Media Encoder CS5 X64 5.0.1 05-03-2014.log.gz

extracted  Adobe Media Encoder CS5 X64 5.0.1 05-03-2014.log contains the following errors:

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 PCI WRAPPER X64_5.0.1_AMEPCIWrapper5All_x64  {5056CCD0-DDD6-47D1-9D46-612FA03FF82E} requires a parent with following specification:

Family: Adobe Web Suite CS5

ProductName: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 PCI WRAPPER X64

MinVersion: 0.0.0.0

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

This payload will be ignored in this session.

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 Dolby WRAPPER X64_5.0.1_AMEDolbyWrapper5All_x64  {5C6A2D6E-4C4B-40AC-998A-B09B24DB631F} requires a parent with following specification:

ProductName: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 Dolby WRAPPER X64

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 PCI X64_5.0.1_AMEPCI5All_x64  {9A26E0C2-AC3B-498C-A16B-7CE76BC4E0E2} requires a parent with following specification:

ProductName: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 PCI X64

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 Dolby X64_5.0.1_AMEDolby5All_x64  {BE62C4BD-59F3-498D-822B-12D63D2234CE} requires a parent with following specification:

ProductName: Adobe Media Encoder CS5 Dolby X64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QFan it would appear that a required payload has been removed from your current installation of Adobe Media Encoder?  Do you use any type of system optimizers?

I would recommend running the uninstallers for Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Flash Pro CS5.  This should also remove your current installation of Adobe Media Encoder.  You can then reinstall Premiere Pro or After Effects to reinstall Adobe Media Encoder CS5.

After reinstallation the required payload should be available and you should be able to update successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same error, but on OSX (10.9.3)

It's a new machine and I did a fresh install of CS5 (design standard suite). When I run the Updater, I get a download progress bar, and it appears to download everything, but when it reaches 100% I get the same error " There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. "

Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 8.49.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don MacDonald what specific errors did you discover in your installation log files for the update?  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log files at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have the exact same problem with my suite when I tried to update. One thing I have suspected this is because I had to change my harddrive 3 times. My current suite is installed on 3rd one on the same computer. Previous 2 harddrive have died on me and I could not deactivate either one of them. If I could somehow deactivate those first 2 registration, I think this may be able to solve this issue.  How can I do that? I was chatting with Customer Support, but all she could tell me was to come to the forum and post the issue till someone may get back to me. Please advise.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idncanada the suggestions are the same.  Please review your installation log files for the exact error message.  I would also recommend you start a new discussion unless the error you discover is identical to the error discovered by Don MacDonald.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have EXACTLY the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same messages and have gone so far as to try and download updates for one program at a time. When I go into the log as requested, there is no current information from the updates, only from the original install.

The update downloads and immediately skips to the error message saying there was a download error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSTogdill you can also download the updates directly at Product updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, giving it a go now. A few extra steps, but i don't mind if it means I can get back to using these apps after a major hardware upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, grabbing them individually from the product updates page does the trick. It's a bit of a hassle, but you should be all set once it's done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don, where did you find the links for the upgrades? I have had no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancyfarlow the links for Creative Suite are providing English language updates.  Please make sure you region settings on Adobe.com are set correctly.  You may also want to try a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don MacDonald wrote:

Yep, grabbing them individually from the product updates page does the trick. It's a bit of a hassle, but you should be all set once it's done.

Exactly - I think the Adobe Application Manager is actually broken according to some posts here.  I didn't fix it as the individuals worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I can't find an update for Photoshop CS5 in English at this link. There are many for other languages, but none for English. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found a work around for my mac. I'm on 10.9.4 and I needed to go into "Security and Privacy" in System Preferences. I manually downloaded the Adobe CS5 update for Photoshop and then tried to install. Once I had tried I went to Security and Privacy. My preferences in there is set to "Allow apps downloaded from: "Mac App Store and identified developers". Under that will be an message to temporarily allow the adobe update installer to update your photoshop stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you advice worked me. I can print again!Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 8.53.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd chime in here. I had the exact same problem, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of downloading everything manually.  What I did was update the Adobe Application Manager from the download page: Other downloads. Once it downloaded, it decided to install the Creative Cloud application which I promptly uninstalled.  After that, I just ran the update from Photoshop CS5 and it opened the updated version of Adobe Application Manager and now it's installing updates just fine!

Hope that helps!

-Nathaniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Nathaniel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nathaniel's suggestion worked 100%. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Nathaniel! It worked for me too. I directly installed Creative Cloud from here: (Free Creative Cloud | Download Adobe Creative Cloud free trial) and everything worked fine afterwards. Really saved me a lot of time!

(I'm using CS5 Premium on Win7 64bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!! Glad it's working for you!

-Nathaniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent - thanks so much for the tip!  Installed a few manually then found this - result

Sadly Camera RAW support no longer being updated for CS5 so had to resort to the DNG route to get my Nikon D5300 files in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natewink's solution worked for me... in part. It updated Bridge, Indesign, Camera RAW, and DreamWeaver. But not Fireworks, Flash Pro, Extension manager, Illustrator,or Photoshop (64). But at least it gets you part way there.

The update to Application Manager installs the Creative Cloud manager. It won't detect your apps, since it's for CC. You can go into it's settings and make sure it doesn't launch on startup, so it's not running taking up resources. But then there's no way to launch the normal application manager, as it's been replaced by the Creative Cloud app. Just go into Photoshop (or whatever) and click the updates option under the Help menu. That'll run the new version of the old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines