• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 MacOS update

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an original purchase of CS6 but since one of the later MacOS updates I was no longer able to use CS6. I deleted it and downloaded it again. In the folder however, the 'Install' button is not accessible (it's greyed out). When I click on the Install button, a message comes up with:

"Install" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

What can I do to use my CS6?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Not exactly, you can use CS6 if you can downgrade your OS. If you can't downgrade then you have two options to explore.

• Install an older version of OS on an external drive and boot into this drive when you need to use your CS6 application
  • You can investigate using Virtual Machines like VMWare Fusion with the appropriate MAC OS version

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the OS on your MAC? If it's Catalina then CS6 won't install/run over it. Catalina only supports apps from CC2019 onwards.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Yes, its Catalina 10.15.5. So, does that mean I have to give up on my original purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly, you can use CS6 if you can downgrade your OS. If you can't downgrade then you have two options to explore.

• Install an older version of OS on an external drive and boot into this drive when you need to use your CS6 application
  • You can investigate using Virtual Machines like VMWare Fusion with the appropriate MAC OS version

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manan Joshi, I am on the Mac platform and had to reinstall CS6 from scratch. We are using the application on an older Mac running High Sierra and it works great (except for Acrobat, which kept crashing until we updated it to v10.1.16).  Unfortunately, the server holding all the Mac CS6 update files has also been decommisioned by Adobe (end of life). I was able to locate "AcrobatUpd10116.dmg" and "Photoshop_CS6_13_0_6_upd.dmg", but cannot locate any of the other dmg update files. Do you have access to these other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines