• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current computer cannot download up-to-date Photoshop but want to download older version

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a slightly older PC. A few years ago, I had Photoshop and was able to run it on my computer, this was about four or so years ago. Since then, the only upgrade I have made to my computer is putting in a better graphics card. Despite being able to download Photoshop in the past, the newest version of Photoshop is not compatible with my computer. This would be fine; however, this also doesn't allow me to download any of the previous versions of Photoshop. 

Why is it that I am unable to download previous versions of Photoshop as a result of the newest Photoshop not being compatible with my computer? Additionally, is there a way I can get around this problem and download a previous version of Photoshop? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a paid plan? Previous versions are available only for paid plans, trials run on the latest version. Apart from this Adobe now permits dowload of only the latest two versions of the software, if your computer is not compatible with both these versions then you will have this issue. Currently only CC2019 and CC2020 are available for download, you can check the system requirements for these versions at the following link

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If you want to download a previous version then you can check at the following site, it lists downloads from Adobe servers. If the links provided on this site does not work then be sure that Adobe has discontinued it and don't be tricked by someone claiming to have the installer.

https://prodesigntools.com/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not necessarily sure what my plan is. I am currently doing my masters and my college has something set up with Adobe where I can log in to Adobe with my college login and be able to download Adobe applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login to your Adobe account and browse to the following link, it should show you the plan your are subscribed to

https://account.adobe.com/plans

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at my plan and I have attached a picture of what the website looks like when looking at my plan. It looks like I should have access to Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Lightroom Classic, and Illustrator.adobe avail.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run latest Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines