• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe still offer CS6 for purchase in 2020?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a little off topic for this community but I couldn't find one that was dedicated to Creative Suite. -- I was just wondering if Adobe has completely killed CS6, I have found articles on the web saying that you can still buy it from an Adobe call center. This information is from 2017 though. I was just curious if you could still buy it. I have a copy of CS6, I rely on Fireworks. Tried Illustrator and XD but I always went back to it. My friend was wondering if they could still obtain a copy. Is this possible in 2020?

--Thanks!

Regards.

TOPICS
Feature request , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No perpetual licensing is not sold any more, the only offering now is subscription to CC. Even for CC apps Adobe supports only the last two major versions of an app

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff, and pretending to have genuine CS6 for sale. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Adobe ended all sales of Creative Suite in January 2017.   It's not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country now.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription). Everything a digital photographer needs and more...
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + desktop & mobile apps, upgrades and online services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it! My friend has brought the Photographer's plan. He says it's great. I'm thinking of updating to CC, I have been using CS6 putting off the upgrade for a while now. I may have to get used to Photoshop and Illustrator opposed to using Fireworks.

Thanks again!

--Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warning: people may be posting dangerous and illegal links to fake, malware ridden, copies of CS6 on the dark internet. Be careful, people are trying to encourage illegality and attack computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines