• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download & Install Adobe CS6 Student Edition on M1 MAC

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi, I have a CD-Rom licensed Adobe CS6 Student Edition version which I purchased many years back when I was a design student back then. Now that I have recently upgraded to Apple M1 Chip Macbook, how can i install the CS6 onto my new MAC and register my CS6 student license with my new MAC 
  2. M1Chip MAC doesn't comes with any CD/DVD Rom, so how can I install the CS6 to activate it using the license key printed on the box?
TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

M1 Mac, Big Sur, Catalina: all apps older than 2019 cannot work. CS6 cannot work. Nice new apps: It's all part of the Joy of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 Mac, Big Sur, Catalina: all apps older than 2019 cannot work. CS6 cannot work. Nice new apps: It's all part of the Joy of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the options available to me on how to install CS6 back?

Any work around solutions?

I noticed there's patching files/drivers for Creative Cloud (subscription based) so are there any patching files/drivers Adobe may have for Licensed CS6 Education (Student) Edition to help us?

Can someone from Official Adobe kindly reply?

Much appreciated. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite was discontinued 7 years ago, and was replaced by Creative Cloud. Support also ended years ago, there will be no patches, because Adobe like people to upgrade! Creative Cloud does run on M1. Well, mostly. There seem to be some curious issues still. 

This is not a way to contact Adobe. You could try getting them on the phone, but after an hour's wait they will only confirm CS6 is unsupported. Meaning, support won't talk to you about it...! 

Even without that, there are no replacements for the student edition disks or downloads. You must keep what you originally got. Of course if you have the CDs you can plug-in a CD drive and use that, but it won't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug-in CD drive and use..but it won't help?

What does this mean? Meaning there will be installation issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the options available to me on how to install CS6 back?

Any work around solutions?

There are no solutions to get CS6 installed on the newer Apple iOS, like Big Sur, Catalina and Macs with the M1 chip.

The only way is to downgrade to Mac OS X v10.6.8,  v10.7. or Mac OS X- Mountain Lion (v10.8) if it's running on a Intel-based system.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To downgrade to one of those systems would need a very old Mac. Current Intel Macs won't go back more than one version, M1 no versions at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines