Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download doesn't work

Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 2 problems:

- My Adobe Creative Cloud-Desktop -App doen't work. Everytime I try to open it, it just opens a blank, white window (I'm working with windows 10). I tried to deinstall (multiple times and also with the AdobeCreativeCleanerTool) and install again. Then the download starts and loads till 12.3% and again the blank, white window appears... What can I do? I already tried to download it from different browsers...

- So I'm downloading the apps via web (because my desktop-app doesn't work), but for an example: when I'm installing Adobe Photoshop, I'm sure there should be a folder "Adobe Photoshop" installed on my disk drive (where presets, brushes etc. are stored). I can download the app and it works, but this folder is missing on my disk drive. What could be the problem? I tried to install it from different browser... Is it risky to start a project knowing these folders weren't installed? 

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John T Smith

Thanks for these links but unfortunately they didn't fix my problems... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maja123, what type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?  There is no membership associated with the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Do you own and manage the computer and network that you are installing the software on?  Are either the computer or the network owned and maintained by the educational institution that you attend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff_A_Wright

I'm a student and I have a licence from my university, and my e-mail adress is the correct one... I'm working with my own computer and I already phoned with my institution but they couldn't help me.

Some weeks ago I had to reset my laptop, I'm not sure if there is a connection with this... Since then I always got a notification that Adobe Creative Cloud is missing or damaged. And that I have to reinstall it again. But now I have this blank window... 

Currently I need to start a project with Adobe InDesign and I just want to avoid, that in the future I get problems because this folder on my disk drive is missing... I don't know if there is a connection with these 2 problems.

greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Maja123.  I can only imagine the frustration I would encounter, if I formatted the computer, only to have problems reoccur.

Did you reinstall or recover any other applications?  It is very likely that one of the applications that have been installed, since formatting the computer has lead to the repeat of the error.

My only advice would be to be very careful when restoring files. If you attempt to restore anything but documents, music, and videos then you could be exacerbating the errors you may encounter.  Adobe applications need to be installed and behave poorly if any component was copied or restored from a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I installed everything again, when I reset my computer (example: Office - Word, Excel etc.). But I didn't copied "old" applications and paste them on the new reset computer... And a few days before I deinstalled every Adobe-applications with this CleanerTool and installed it again... I'm not sure if it would fix these problems if I reset my computer again, but currently I don't have the time to. 🙂

Thanks anyway Jeff_A_Wright for your time! 

greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines