• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download error 120

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download apps from the creative cloud, but i keep getting an error saying that I have nog more storage space left on my laptop, witch is strange because I have enough space left. I don't know how to fix this.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is a HP elitebook 840 G5, it has a C: drive wich has 237 GB and I got 190 GB left, and it had a Ramdrive (Z:) wich has 511 MB and i got 507 Left, When I download stuff it goes on the C drive, but still it says that my storage is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it is downloading to the RAM drive first, before trying to install to C. Since it's not big enough for even a single download, that would do it. How is it set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what i know it dowloads on the C drive, I looked it up in the setting and everything dowloads on the C drive. Even on adobe I went to the setting en installed it so it dowloads on the C drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can only set where it installs, not where it downloads. So, How is the RAM drive set up? How is it used? For example, is it %TEMP%, if you know what that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't what that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, how is the RAM drive set up? How do you use it? If you don't know anything about it, what do you see in it in File Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

 this is what I see, I don't know anything about drives, but is it possible to buy something like a memory card? I don't know if that will help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. What do you see IN it, that is if you double click on Z. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

   

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is whats in it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find in an HP manual that the RAM drive is used for temporary files by default. Which is fine, but it's too small. Suggest you turn that off and try again; perhaps ask in an HP forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I turn that off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't know. Presumably it was set up by HP and I wouldn't want to suggest anything.

You CAN try this to see if it is the problem.

I ASSUME that it takes a while trying to download, then fails?

If so, watch the available space (as in the first screen shot) and see if it goes down and down. If it does you NEED to change it. If not, that's a red herring and we need to look somewhere else. 

DON'T wait until an error to look, it might already have cleaned up -- watch as it downloads and starts to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I dowloaded one of the apps the RAM drive went red and went full so I assume it indeed does dowload on the RAM drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I turn that off?

See page 3 here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06154471

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, a memory card won't help unless you tell the system to stop using the RAM disk. You have to follow HP's instructions to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines