• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloads and installs unacceptably slow

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a fresh Windows install. As in, like--ten minutes old when this started. I have installed Dropbox, Discord, VLC, Greenshot, and a couple of browsers all with the expected level of speed.

I need to stress that this is a naked install. I am as unprotected as it is possible to be: no security, no proxies, no firewalls. I am flying completely stripped here. I've been using CC as a paying customer for several years now.

I have tried downloading the Creative Cloud Installer, which took over two hours to install, and then would not work at all, and then I did the Creative Cloud Cleaner dance as I've had to do before with all the expected steps and now it's once more looking like a two hour download, or was until it froze while I was typing this at 16.5% and refused to move. Have restarted a few times.

Fine, I really only need Photoshop. So I tried the direct download/install link for PS. The .exe zips onto my hard drive with ready speed, but when I try to actually install Photoshop I am getting about .1 percent progress every minute *at best* and it sometimes hangs at a spot for several minutes at a time. I didn't make it past 4% without giving up. This is not acceptable. And in the meantime my entire system is groaning as the installer mysteriously devours my CPU.

Is there something I can do to get around this? I don't know what else to try and I'm at my wits' end. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I get an acceptable download speed? I can't wait an entire day just to install Photoshop and have an unusable computer in the meanwhile. The problem simply must be on the end of Adobe infrastructure because everything else I've done with this machine is fine, and if I give up and close the installers the CPU hogging also stops. Please help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicoles67556231, I am sorry you are encountering so many problems utilizing your Creative Cloud membership.  From your description, it sounds like you still have unresolved installation errors.  The speed of downloading files is irrelevant if the installation is unable to be completed.

I do see that you spoke with a member of our support team yesterday.  I would encourage you to continue to work directly with our support team by using the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update support case ADB-13498111-F5Y0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines