• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 204 when downloading Creative Cloud on Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to install Creative Cloud on my Mac (10.7.5). CC was previously installed, but after receiving countless errors when trying to upgrade, I uninstalled and am now trying to reinstall. I receive error code 204 and the message: There seems to be a problem accessing critical file/directory during download. HELP!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Actually chrisw33407652, I continued to experience this problem, even after spending hours of time on the phone with support. As soon as there is an update to Creative Cloud and I click on the update to install it, same problem. During my latest call, the representative that I chatted with was able to correct the problem. Fortunately, I saved the chat thinking it would be a good reference tool when the issue happens again. Here is a condensed version of the steps taken to allow me to use CC agai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cdawn1976 the download is attempting to save to your temp directory.  Please see Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html for information on how to adjust the file permissions to allow your current User account to write to the temp directory successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, but I have done all of these things. I even spent 2+ hours on the phone with an Adobe rep who took control of my desktop and changed all of the permissions in my Adobe folders.

Creative Cloud worked perfectly fine 2 days ago. I received a prompt to run an update and that's when things went downhill. I thought uninstalling CC would solve the problem, but now I'm stuck with a paid subscription service and no access to CC.

Extremely frustrated. Hoping an answer is out there.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CDawn1976 the next option then would be to try a different administrator account to verify the file permissions have only become compromised under your current User account.  You can find more details at Troubleshoot unexpected behavior | User account-specific | Adobe software | Windows 7, Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Are there instructions for Mac users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly CDawn1976 they can be found at Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Jeff for the quick response. These instructions were great....unfortunately, I received the same error when trying to install the Creative Cloud app using the test account.

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CDawn1976 I would recommend contacting our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.  I would also recommend referring them to this discussion so they can see what steps that you have tried previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue on several machines. From what I understand its a permission error. I cleared it up on one machine by wiping it and doing a clean install… the others have still had issues. I am expecting my 2nd day of calls with support. here's a reference to what I tried before support also, if that may help.

Our company has no connection to CC since it was down. We are getting a dialog stating a "problem wi...

Good Luck! If I find out anything, I'll try and post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fatblue....I've already spent at least 6+ hours on this issue. And now, I receive a "program is damaged" error when opening Illustrator or Acrobat. They still open, but I'm sure something will eventually happen and I won't be able to access the programs any longer. Can't download them again either since I can't get Creative Cloud!!! I've had an Adobe rep take remote control of my machine and change all of my permission settings. Didn't help. I've done everything. The problem just happened overnight and no one has an answer as to why or how to easily fix it.

You had to completely reinstall your entire OS to fix the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did anyone find a solution to this problem? Apart from wiping my machine which is not a solution. Thats basically brute forcing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually chrisw33407652, I continued to experience this problem, even after spending hours of time on the phone with support. As soon as there is an update to Creative Cloud and I click on the update to install it, same problem. During my latest call, the representative that I chatted with was able to correct the problem. Fortunately, I saved the chat thinking it would be a good reference tool when the issue happens again. Here is a condensed version of the steps taken to allow me to use CC again. Hope this can help you too.

– Download Adobe Cleaner Tool

Run the Cleaner tool

– Choose Creative Cloud and CS6 in the Drop menu (Right side of the Adobe Cleaner Tool).

– Run the Cleaner tool
– Choose Creative Cloud and CS6 in the Drop menu (Right side of the Adobe Cleaner Tool).
– Click Adobe Creative Cloud and then Click "Clean Selected" option
– Click Adobe Application Manager and then Click "Clean Selected" option
– Close the Adobe Cleaner Tool list
– Click on Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder.
– Paste   ~/Library/Application support/Adobe and Hit return.
– Rename OOBE and AAMUpdater folder as OOBE_old and AAMUpdater_old
– Click on Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder.
– Paste   /Library/Application support/Adobe and Hit return.
– Rename OOBE, AAMUpdater and Adobe Application Manager  folder as OOBE_old, AAMUpdater_old and Adobe Application Manager_old
– Click on the "Go" menu option from the Finder menu. Scroll down to "Utilities". Under Utilities, please check for the Adobe Application Manager folder and trash it.
– Download Adobe Application Manager and install
– Open Adobe Application manager (it will re-install Creative Cloud)

– Log into Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll give that a go shortly. Im using 10.8.5 I wondered if it was an OS issue. I really should update but everything works perfectly and when it aint broke etc.. (apart from this)

Thanks again, i'll post a reply to let you know if it worked.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, that worked! It needed a restart after opening AAM after re installing it but apart from that it was smooth sailing.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, Wow, Brilliant. Thank you SO much for putting this version of your events online. I've been trying to update CC desktop app and Muse for months and had no luck at all with Adobe. I'm so very grateful. Fingers crossed now that it stays good. Thank you Chris, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I wish this had shown up when I searched the forum last December. I gave up and went back to CS 6. Haven't missed CC at all, yet, but still --it would have been nice to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!  Creative Cloud updated.  Thank you for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me...turned out to be the applications manager. At first I tried downloading a new application manager...not realizing I already had one on my computer...so it would not update. Once I deleted the applications manager, I was able to reinstall and get creative cloud downloading....finally. Now I can reinstall all the apps that were removed...THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hat bei mir sehr gut geklappt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC has given me the same error three times since "upgrading" to Creative Cloud from Creative Suite. PITA. This solution works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having trouble, I've done all the steps, when I get here:

– Download Adobe Application Manager and install
– Open Adobe Application manager (it will re-install Creative Cloud)

– Log into Creative Cloud

I've downloaded Adobe Application Manager 9.0, when I click on install, it beachballs for a couple seconds then goes away. I cant seem to locate Creative Cloud anywhere on my machine??

Thoughts? Please and Thanks!

Zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zack, are you sure you've uninstalled CC Desktop and App Mgr? And renamed the files? There are two sets of files that need to be renamed. I've had to do this three times in the last couple of months--every time Adobe has updates. The steps presented here work. It's a huge inconvenience and has me wishing there was a serious alternative to Adobe--unless they improve the product and tech support. So, let me know if you find a credible replacement for CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jimkahnw

Yes, I'm trying again. After not finding the CC desktop app anywhere on my system, I manually downloaded from Adobe. It seemed to be functioning just fine, installed Premiere and AE CC 14 but got an error saying that it didn't install latest patch. For AE CC14 I got the U44M1l210 error code, (which I've seen before), and for PP I got "unable to reach Adobe servers, please check internet connectivity and firewall settings...

So, I'll start the process over, the first time I downloaded the Adobe App manager to my desktop, could that be the issue? Does that need to be housed somewhere else to deploy correctly?

And yes in terms of Adobe's "Cloud" flaws, there are an inordinate amount of fails from update to update. It makes it quite frustrating to stay loyal. I always used AE as a standalone with Photoshop but FCP was my main editor for years. When Apple released FCPX I was forced to make a decision, and Premiere Pro was the winner. I actually have really enjoyed the Premiere Pro setup and keeping everything within one family of apps, to roundtrip etc. It really has been quite enjoyable, but Adobe's delivery system of said apps and the seemingly lack of urgency when large glitches arise leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Especially when working on a tight timeline, like most of us do and being so dependent on a rock-solid workflow including updating apps to no avail really makes it difficult in the creative professional world.

fingers crossed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also jimkahnw,

Does the Cleaner tool uninstall CC Desktop and App Mgr? I ask, because no where in the laundry list of steps above mentions uninstalling anything, and/or mention any special uninstallers. How and where do I uninstall all instances and anything tied to CC Desktop and App Mgr? And is it required? If so, it should be added to the list above no?

Thanks

Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Zack - Creative Cloud won't appear until you activate the Adobe Application Manager. Try typing "Adobe Application Manager" in Spotlight...it should find it and then click on that again. It should begin to install Creative Cloud from past experience. Unfortunately, I have had to repeat this process multiple times since my original post. Starting to wonder if it's a conflict between an older OS and CC. My MacBook running Yosemite doesn't seem to have any issues with updates, but my older MacBook running Lion does. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines