• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Escalated problem [Unable to uninstall CS2 from Win 10 machine: Adobe reports "missing information"]

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new computer, windows 10. I had purchased Adobe CS2 quite a few years ago and installed it on my Win10 machine. It glitched and wouldn't run. Tried a few things before I figured "Ok, it's not supported, I'll bite the bullet and upgrade." And proceeded to try to uninstall CS2. When trying to uninstall, I get the error:
The installer could not start because of the following reasons:
Missing or Invalid Personalization Information
Missing resources library.

I have browsed these forums for a week or so trying various things including deleting the folders. Installing a registry cleaner and cleaning my registry. Attempting a re-install to uninstall. Changing file paths.  And a few other things. At this point in time I cannot install anything Adobe oriented (including adobe Air. Adobe Acrobat. The updated Creative suite cloud software.) It gives me the same error every time. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Other picture editing stuff works fine. Antivirus is updated. I've checked for Malware. My system is running smoothly. I have no freezes, hangups, etc. Other picture editing software works fine (Tried windows paint, Gimp, and Photo Pos Pro.)

Suggestions are appreciated. Right now I just want it off my system.

~Christine~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

KrystalDragon you can attempt to utilize the steps listed in Invalid user name, organization, or serial number error in Production Studio applications (Windows) to resolve the current error.  You will have to adapt the instructions for use under Windows 10.

If you continue to face difficulties then you may want to consider backing up any critical documents and settings and reinstalling Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I apologize for the delay in response. Messing with the registry makes me a little nervous, I wanted to dedicate a full afternoon to the task.

Thorough instructions, I've followed through to end with mixed results. The good news: I seem to be able to install misc. adobe products (Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Air tested.) And they seem to be working fine. Yay!

I still cannot remove CS2 from my computer. The message is the same:

Missing or Invalid Personalization Information

Missing resources library.

I have gone over the link provided above again to confirm nothing was missed. All suggested registry keys are removed, all files/folders removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KrystalDragon you can attempt to utilize the steps listed in Invalid user name, organization, or serial number error in Production Studio applications (Windows) to resolve the current error.  You will have to adapt the instructions for use under Windows 10.

If you continue to face difficulties then you may want to consider backing up any critical documents and settings and reinstalling Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines