• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change from disk CS6 to Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought photoshop cs6 and have updated it regulary.  I also own a creative cloud subscription.  I want to take the installed from disk cs6 to the creative cloud to get all the new features.  How do i do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Actually there is no need to remove your current installation of CS6.  If you go to Help>Deactivate you can deactivate your perpetual version.  Once deactivated please choose the option to License this Software and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  You can then verify that the Creative Cloud license has been applied by going to Help>Deactivate and verifying the bold text on the left hand side indicates Creative Cloud.  You can find an example of this in the image posted below.

Screen Shot 2013-05-09 at 2.41.41 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall CS6. Install everything from the CC suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there is no need to remove your current installation of CS6.  If you go to Help>Deactivate you can deactivate your perpetual version.  Once deactivated please choose the option to License this Software and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  You can then verify that the Creative Cloud license has been applied by going to Help>Deactivate and verifying the bold text on the left hand side indicates Creative Cloud.  You can find an example of this in the image posted below.

Screen Shot 2013-05-09 at 2.41.41 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused now.

1. Has Photoshop CC BEEN released already, or not?  (Or if not "CC" a version of Photoshop that has more features than the perpetually licensed CS6)
  2. To use "Photoshop CC" I have to deactivate CS6?
  3. By "Help->Deactivate" I assume you mean by starting PS CS6 and using it's help... there appears to be no help in AAM.

If I deactivate CS6 how do I then verify that the actions I've been developing work on the CS3, CS5, CS6 and CC versions of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC will not be released until June 17. 

In specific please see the following:

The new CC apps, such as Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC, and Creative Cloud features, such as Sync Settings, desktop notifications, integration with Behance, and desktop notifications, will be available exclusively to Creative Cloud members on June 17, 2013. Learn more.

You can find more details at http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.edu.html#purchasing-availability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that explains why "Photoshop CC" isn't present, but I thought there were already new Photoshop CS6 features available only in the cloud... is that not the case?  Creative Cloud is now almost a year old.

I am still confused whether I need to deactivate my PS CS6 Perpetual license?  Jeffrey Tranberry says they can exist side by side but this article makes me wonder. Why would I deactivate a perpetually licensed product.  I want and need them both runnable so I can test my scripts and actions that I develop.

I'm too scared to try deactivating my PS CS6 now that I've just joined the Cloud, and as I noted, it's not clear that I'll gain anything until mid June at the earliest. 

Finally, after joining the cloud and getting the new AAM, I noticed that attempting to install the ACR 8.1 beta reports that my "AAM is corrupt" when I tried to run the ACR installer on Windows 7 64-bit system.

http://blog.starcircleacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Adobe-Application-Manager-5162013-82117-PM.bmp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NightSkyGuy there are new features available already in the Photoshop CS6 version available through the Creative Cloud.  If you are looking to duplicate the behavior for perpetual customers however I would recommend leaving Photoshop CS6 licensed as is. 

When Photoshop CC is available you can have both CC and CS6 installed on the same computer.  CS6 can continue to use your perpetual license, or you can choose to even license it with your Creative Cloud license although it would be then become the feature enhanced version available today, and Photoshop CC can then utilize your Creative Cloud license.

For Adobe Camera RAW 8.1 difficulties I would recommend posting to the Adobe Camera RAW forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/cameraraw.

Have you faced any additional difficulties with the released versions of our updates or software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines