• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you downgrade plan mid-subscription?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I was unable to get in contact with Adobe

I'm currently on a plan which includes use of all of the Adobe programs, I subscribed to that option when it was amongst a promo price, but it has been a year, and my next payment will be the full price and I'm unable to continue using it (it's a bit too pricey for me sadly).

So I'd like to change my plan to just the Photoshop option before the new payment for the use of all apps gets taken out in a week.

How can I go about making sure the use of all apps option isn't renewed and the single app option is activated? Do I need to cancel my subscription/plan?

Is it as simple as "buying" it now before my subscription payment is due? I'm worried about doubling up on payments accidentally attempting to downgrade my subscription.

I've also installed quite a few of the Adobe apps, if I downgrade my subscription restricting my access, what happens to those apps, do they come inactive prompting an uninstall?

Thank you for any help! Most appreciated!

Also - I've clicked on "manage plan" option under the Creative Cloud membership (one-year)‎ plan in my Adobe ID section, but nothing shows up, the page is blank, I'm not sure if it's a page error or something but that option doesn't seem to work for me..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

If the first link I provided doesn't help, you will need to contact chat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Hi Spirit,

Note that Adobe does not normally charge fees when customers change or upgrade plans – but only if you cancel... Is there another/different plan which better suits your needs? If so, that might be something to consider instead of entirely canceling your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to Cancel and buy a new subscription https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/cancel-membership.html

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Help Center https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html is a good place to start
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that wait times are sometimes long before an agent responds
You MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
You MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This will NOT work if you are using a VPN
This link will go directly to the chat option
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent in the lower right, without the quote " " marks
or
X (aka Twitter) tweet @AdobeCare
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply,

I suspected I may need to cancel, but to do so I think one has to access the "manage plan" section under the plan's title in the Adobe ID section, in my overview section, I do have the Creative Cloud membership (one-year)‎ title there, but when I click the "manage plan" option underneath it the page loads but the page is blank, so I'm not too sure how to continue due to such... my "plans and products" tab is basically a blank page, which doesn't make sense since I'm still paying for the one year plan.. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the first link I provided doesn't help, you will need to contact chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I think there may be an error going on somehow as I'm still struggling to continue with ease through my Adobe ID options, not much is loading despite having good internet connection and it's not really letting me manage settings or plans etc. I will contact Adobe tomorrow in hope to sort out my issue.

I thought I was just missing the obvious but now I think it's just the pages I need to access aren't properly loading for me..

Thank you for your advice either way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually simpler than this. Go to MANAGE ACCOUNT. Then choose MANAGE PLAN. Then pick SWITCH PLAN and scroll right through the entire list of plans. The cheapest (Photography Plan) is the last option. To finalize, simply click CHOOSE THIS PLAN and the rest is automatic.

If you have subscription left, it will issue a credit to your credit card. It will also make changes to your fonts if necessary.

Only thing I haven't figured out at this point is what happens to the apps that I'm no longer subscribed to that are installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mlberube  wrote

Only thing I haven't figured out at this point is what happens to the apps that I'm no longer subscribed to that are installed on my computer.

They stop working.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone wondering, "MANAGE PLAN" is available in your online Adobe Account here:

https://account.adobe.com/plans

...from there, you can follow these instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you do this, are they still going to charge you 50% for "cancelling" early, if you are on the pro annual monthly plan? Cuz it felt really sneaky and underhanded when they transferred my 7-day trial of Adobe standard to the Pro Annual Plan and now want a ridiculous amount of money to cancel it, so I figure it's very likely something they would do, without warning you before you change your plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spirit,

Note that Adobe does not normally charge fees when customers change or upgrade plans – but only if you cancel... Is there another/different plan which better suits your needs? If so, that might be something to consider instead of entirely canceling your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools 

is correct. there's no penalty for changing plans.  the only thing to note is that your 1 year plan expiration date changes to the date the change is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i just saw your other post about being charged incorrectly.  read my response to that post because you need not change plans to something you do not want if you were incorrectly charged.  adobe will refund your charges and cancel your subscription without penalty.  make use you have the info they might request (eg, the cancelation email you received after cancelling) when contacting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines