• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do You Install Adobe on Another Drive?

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through all the forums and everyone just says to fix the settings in the Adobe Cloud App

Apps Install Location: D Drive

Files Install Location: D Drive.

My D drive is just a split internal hard drive on my laptop. 

When I install it goes right to my C drive for apps and files.

How do i force it to install on my D drive?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

the cc desktop app must be installed on the os drive.

the apps can be installed on any drive, but not its root:  with the CC application opened, choose the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  in the preferences panel select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cc desktop app must be installed on the os drive.

the apps can be installed on any drive, but not its root:  with the CC application opened, choose the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  in the preferences panel select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if i was not clear in my message above but in preferences i already edited it and its showing the following.

This is in the ADOBE Cloud App. Clicking the 3 dots.

Apps Install Location: D Drive

Files Install Location: D Drive.

it still installs both my apps and files on the C drive.

I tried reinstalling the ADOBE Cloud App and now it works correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, you cannot install on the root of any drive.  ie, create and adobe folder on your d drive and use d:adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to specify drive to install to on individual programs. It looks they will all install to a different drive. My C: drive is full and I try to get some space back. Is there a way for me to uninstall one or 2 to another drive while keep the rest in the same location? I specified D drive as my installation location in preference. I'm uninstalling now and wonder if the installation would work since I still have a few on C:.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your cc desktop app>click file>preferences>apps>change install location.

kglad_0-1638631287240.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this but it says it can't install on my D drive either, it goes straight to C drive.  Why is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact message about your D drive? Be sure not to install to the root directory (that is, D: itself), make a folder first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC will not upgrade (or now install) on a case sensitive file system.  My other, way more important apps REQUIRE a case sensitive file system.  Why is CC being absurd?  Here is one explanation of why case insensitivity is wrong:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/for-apfs-any-reason-not-to-use-case-sensitivity.2071360/?post=3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a way to edit a posted note.

So I will mention here that I have a case insensitive external drive to use.

Also, in case it was confusing, I'm running macOS Monterey (12.6), and have been a subscriber since 2016.  I recently needed to switch to case sensivity to support my primary apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I just cancel my subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, you can't use adobe products on a case-sensitive computer. 

to cancel, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html 

if you're unable to cancel using the info above, use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer is not case sensitive, one disk is.  Another disk is case insensitive.

This has been an issue for over a decade, with no apparent justification.  I'm here pointing out that this is becoming more and more of a problem as time passes.  While still important, Adobe is not one of my most important apps, a number of which require case sensitivity.  Dumping Adobe is not a reasonable thing for me to do, not is putting it at the center.  So I'm here to see if I can get this ancient decision (aka boat anchor) either reconsidered or at least explained.

The work around of putting adobe apps on a case insensitive external disk seems also to purposely not be an option.  Allowing that would work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, I've spent hours in chat already, going around and around and around, only to get cut off for one reason or another, and having to start over from scratch with people who have to be convinced to send me upwards after a long bout of incomprehension.  I wrote the above note during one such hiatus.  Currently waiting until Monday for a call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you start/end a chat you're get a case number.  you should see a copy of your chat (with case number) in your enail when chat ends

if a chat ends prematurely, cite that case number when starting the next chat to allow that next agent to see what's already transpired.

p.s.  your os drive is case-sensitive -> your computer is case-sensitive -> you cannot use adobe programs, old or current, unless you were able to migrate from case insensitive to case sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get resumed, but each time, they start me over from scratch after claiming to have read the transcript.

I don't believe in your definition of a computer being case sensitive.  Its wrong, and so is Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They keep me going, seeming to actually be getting somewhere, then we get cut off.  Since losing Adobe would be bad for me, I stay optimistic, despite the apparent foolhardiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see how you can get anything from support other than help cancelling.

your best alternative is to get a computer with a case insensitive c drive.

and look for that case number so you can continue (and not start over) if cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people I get for the same case start me over from scratch each go round.

You are not helping.  In fact, I think your position (nothing can change, its all permanently immutable, don't rock the boat, etc) is to harm any possible progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.  good luck.

post back if you find a solution.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines