• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how much does it cost to buy Media Encoder?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow--I can't believe it's impossible to find the price of Adobe Media Encoder anywhere on your website!  I already have the Photography membership to CC; I want to add AME but I can't find the price.  Do I have to upgrade to $50 a month?  $20?

Before I buy it--or sign up for more CC--what I really need to know is what the new version will do for me.  I have the CS6 version, and it works fine for the occasional 3-minute rock video I post on YouTube.  Will CC 2015 make it look better?  The old version is fast enough; I'm just wondering if I should upgrade for quality reasons.

Thanks, anybody who can chip in here.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Adobe Media Encoder CC is installed as part of Premiere Pro and After Effects. It is not available as a stand alone purchase.

You can add a single app plan that includes Media Encoder (such as Premiere Pro or After Effects)  to your Photography plan or change to the complete plan, depending on if you need any other programs or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder is included with membership to the Creative Cloud Complete Plan or an individual video app plan such as Premiere Pro.

You can check out the new features here: New features summary (June 2015)
as well as download a free trial.

Please see this link for plan details: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

You can ask questions at the AME forum also: Adobe Media Encoder (AME)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Pattie, but I'm not sure I understand.  So the only ways I can get Media Encoder are to sign up for the complete Creative Cloud, which would be an extra $40 per month, or to buy Premiere Pro for $20 per month?  That hardly makes sense.  Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder CC is installed as part of Premiere Pro and After Effects. It is not available as a stand alone purchase.

You can add a single app plan that includes Media Encoder (such as Premiere Pro or After Effects)  to your Photography plan or change to the complete plan, depending on if you need any other programs or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worst thing adobe ever did was to con their customers into a monthly expense!!!!  but i guess they care more about maximum profits than customers having options.  That is what made me switch to apple products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I'll buy Apple Compressor, then.  Thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This irritates me to no end. Just had to comment for Adobe record: Your CC model has all but driven me away from your products. Even something as basic as the Media Encoder is tied to CC and only accessible though other product subscriptions? I've moved a sizeable amount of my workflow to other options and use LR v5 which I long ago licensed fully (still preferring to options like Darktable but the margin is shrinking). Planned obsolescence seems to be the name of everyone's game these days and it is tiresome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're forgetting that the subscription model as preferred by Adobe is highly successful for Adobe and probably also for the users. At my company we doubled nearly the number of licenses of Adobe software, because of the subscription model. Formerly you had to decide what apps to use and buy the suite that fitted best. if you needed a program outside of that suite...you where out. Now you have the single app plan and if you need more than 2 apps, you take the all app plan and you are happy.

Unfortunately this does not fit everybody. Those need to switch to competitors programs...as long as they still sell their programs on a perpetual license. As a non-professional, or even a professional, you could also look into the open source scene. There's a lot happening there...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of the game is sales.  Software companies like Adobe felt they were not making enough money from products because many of us find a version that works and understand that the newer version do not add much functionality so do not feel a need to upgrade.  Two models companies used are planned obsolescence and subscription based services.  While the company wants happy customers the desire for greater profits often Trumps other factors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just want options to buy a version and stick to it until I decide I'm ready to upgrade not spend 600 per year on upgrades and things that I don't need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as stated above (several times), you can't buy ame from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so say i buy After Effects, AME just comes with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Because AME because it is not available as a stand alone purchase. Either you've to buy the After Effects or Premiere Pro to get the AME. Hope you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines