Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to install Adobe apps on M1 Macs without Rosetta?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe claims to support Macs M1 natively for some products, but all available packages at https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop  have the dependency on Rosetta (Installer app is an intel binary). Even some alternative links from support points to packages with intel binaries. So, how to install Adobe app without Rosetta on Apple silicon Macs?    

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any contradiction. An app is not its installer. Who cares that the installer isn't native, since you only run it once. Efficiency is hardly an issue.

What is this "I will not install Rosetta" thing? It makes no sense to me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A native app should have the native way to be installed. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, who cares? Should Adobe take teams off optimizing actual apps so the installers are pretty?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a client and I care. If a company claims native support, it should be native suport. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
احصل على Outlook لـ iOS

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines