• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Transfer Adobe Master Collection CS6 from Windows to Mac?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new Mac and I would like to transfer the Master Collection from my old Windows 10 laptop. I had to use a program called Belarc to find my serial number as I had received the MC several years ago and the box had been long gone. When I enter the serial number into "My Products" to register my product it says that the serial number is already in use while I had only registered it on one computer and had seldom used any of the programs prior aside from photoshop. Would I have to deactive my registration on my old laptop before being able to redownload? If not, how can I redownload all the programs onto my new Mac?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer provides a different version to swap between Mac <--> Windows

Your only option now is a Windows emulator on your Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As was the case with all Creative Suites, the CS6 Master Collection serial numbers were platform specific: Windows only or Mac only. You could not use a Windows serial on a Mac and vice versa.

Until a few years ago, Adobe offered platform swaps whereby you could swap your Windows serial number for a Mac one.

As you can see from the link above, platform swapping has finished. Actually finished a couple of years ago.

As John T Smith says above, your only option now is to run CS6 Win in an emulator such as Bootcamp or Parallels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines