• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to uninstall After Effects CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4 on MacOS Catalina (10.15.7)?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just bought a new (2019) MacBook Pro, and used Apple's Migration Assistant to migrate all my old apps from my old Mac to the new Mac.  I (unwisely) included old Adobe CS4 apps, which are very old 32-bit apps that no longer run on newer 64-bit computers.  I also don't have Adobe CC Creative Cloud yet.

How can I uninstall Adobe Creative Suite 4 apps that was installed (migrated) onto 64-bit MacOS Catalina? (MacOS version 10.15.7).  The app folders do contain an 'uninstall' file, but I can't run them because they are 32-bit apps, not run-able on 64-bit computers.

I've downloaded and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleanup Tool, which worked to remove some CS4 apps (like Photoshop), but did not work for After Effects CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, and some other old CS4 apps.

I've also looked at Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers, as I've read that there'd be an uninstaller program there.  There is (for After Effects only). but that program doesn't run either, because it's 32-bit.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manually delete.

or even better, restore your computer and then redo your migration and omit everything adobe.

p.s. never use migration tools with adobe programs.  it's more a problem than a help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, @kglad.

For manual delete, I know how to drag (for example) the Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 folder from the Applications folder to the Trash.  But are there other hidden files elsewhere that I should manually delete?  eg. preference files, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there were lots of other files on your old computer (some hidden and some not) but i don't know which of those were migrated.  i know not all of them were because migration assistant fails to migrate enough files to allow adobe programs to work (even when migrating os-compatible versions).

and i know of no official listing.  the best you can do is use the cleaner (which you already did), and search your computer for adobe files.

you could also search the internet for an unofficial listings of files, but if you're not careful, you can cause more problems so i would not recommend doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines