• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble trying to install cc trial version. The installer fails to initialize. Please help me

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble trying to install cc trial version. The installer fails to initialize. Please help

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Launch Task Manager, click on More Details option  and end all Adobe related tasks.

Step 2)

Navigate to C: > Program Files(x86) > " Common Files"  > Adobe .

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Unable to delete ?? try to rename . like OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows computer or Mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Launch Task Manager, click on More Details option  and end all Adobe related tasks.

Step 2)

Navigate to C: > Program Files(x86) > " Common Files"  > Adobe .

Unable to delete ?? try to rename . like OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the installation process is completed, locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop and double click on it .

It will start update process.

once it is completed, try to install the Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a legend bro. Finally I got it right. Thanks for the support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telephone here. I can't go on.. Thanks so much for your support you are incredible!!! - I had heard of the Adobe community as being an incredibly supportive place, but you are still a very positive surprise.

Have to go now. Will do what you told me and later, if necessary get back in touch. - Best wishes, Charlotte^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you all the best .

Feel free to post , if you need further assistance,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - having the same issue. Also on a PC, with Windows 7 Premium installed. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. After deleting the two files in the CommonFiles > Adobe Folder, I've successfully installed AAM - I had to stop two Adobe services, though, I have relaunched the CC app, but there is still no pop-up window with the data. - I have another idea.. I might see the installation date as Folder properties..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. On a PC running windows 7  I had CC installed, but LR would not install. I did a system reset (long story but I had selected a restore point a few days ago when I was downloading some random stuff for a project on the internet).  My computer was running super slow so I did a system restore and of course lost my CC that I installed this morning. Now for the life of me I can not get it back. when I try and run the initializer It disappears. I tried to run as an admin and got a message installer failed to initialize. I finally got it to install after deleting all CC files but the program will not launch from anywhere.  So I tried to delete once again, and now it won't let me delete the program, and will not let me delete the CC files, it says it's open in another program even after rebooting and nothing is open.

I tried the above suggestion. when I launch task manager, I don't see the more details in the task manager and then when I go to the adobe files I only see adobe application manager but not the one with OOBE/

I posted my question here as well.Can not get CC installer to initialize

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. 

Tracey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to worry , we can fix it.

Have you uninstalled all Adobe apps ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean on the CC?  I had only tried to install LR but it errored out at 42%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get error message as Installation Failed??

If yes , click on Learn more option and provide exact error message .

Or you may post screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, when I try to launch the installer, it starts and then just disappears.  I did get a message once when I tried to run it as an admin and it said installer failed to initialize.  That's all.  But as of right now CC i on my computer, it just will not open AND I can not uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh wait were you talking about LR?  Yes I think it said installation failed and I did click on more options and I Think it told me to retry. I can't remember.  I tried again and it errored again. I can't remember at that point what it did. That's when I decided to do a restore since I thought something was going on with my computer even before today.  I thought before I get LR on there, I should do the system restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you havent installed any Adobe applications . You may perform clean installation.

Let me know , I will provide you steps .

We need to remove / rename few  Adobe folders .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not installed any applications, just that partial LR that did not take.

When I saw the cleaning link I wasn't sure where all of my adobe files were located and step one was to back up all adobe files. I have a lot of adobe files on my computer from licensed software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

We will try with basic steps first.

Open Task manager, click on Processes tab, click on Show processes from all users, click on description field to arrange all the Processes in Alphabetical order.

Close all the Adobe related process like Creative Cloud,CoreSync,Armsvc. AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon process ..........etc  from Task manager.

Run Adobe Cleaner tool and if present remove Creative Cloud Desktop or Adobe Application manager

Adobe Cleaner tool :

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-pr oblems/_j...

Follow steps :

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

[unable to delete ?? , rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old]

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.....Do I need to backup the adobe files like the adobe cleaner tool suggests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah! you can ignore it.

While running Cleaner tool , Do not click on Clean all option .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so am I only looking for the CC desktop and application manager?

In my task manager I only had one of those files you mentioned above, I ended the process. It was the Armsvc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Programs and Features list.

Then start with Step 1 mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I'm on step 2 and wouldn't delete the Creative cloud folder I renamed to creative cloud -old. Does that just sit there now like that?  I move on to step 3? It doesn't let me delete the new named folder either.  Sorry if that was supposed to be obvious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's okay renaming will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines