• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am new to macbook and have downloaded the CS5 .dmg file. When I click the file I get 'invalid checksum' error. advice please?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help installing CS5 on my new macbook. I am getting 'invalid checksum' error. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan/Sierra

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually this kinda error is displayed when the downloaded disk image file is corrupted.  Before opening Image file for installation , Mac OS normally verifies by checksum to make sure the downloaded file is good to go. You can skip this process, but if the disk is really corrupted even little bit of difference , it might later affect the performance of Apps,

If it is okay for you , you may try downloading file again.

Clear Tmp folder and then redownload the file again and try to install.

If the Mac OS is El Capitan,  for confirmation purpose set the Gate Keeper settings to Allow from Anywhere temporarily and then try to install.

" Caution" : Make sure to set it  back to : Mac App store and Identified developers  , once the installation is successful , It is very important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The anywhere option isn't on the mac anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan/Sierra

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines