• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator reinstalling free trial 1 day old!

New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Creative Cloud and Illustrator yesterday on my Mac Pro. (Less than a year old) Illustrator would not close. I rebooted the system, I also lost my first project. I Log in again and the system was winding.

I uninstalled and have tried installing and logging in. Adobe says illustrator in downloading but has not. HELP!

Thanks for your assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Hi Lisam20223584,

Kindly refer to the below steps:

1- Please check if you have any browser security extensions installed, please disable them. ( Eg: AD BLOCK, Mcafee site/web adviser, internet security toolbar etc )

2- Also disable the Firewall of your machine see, OS X: About the application firewall - Apple Support

3- Disable Firewall of the Internet security program installed on computer.

4- Since you have a Mac machine then please check and confirm that your Mac gate keeper is set to allow insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ for further help.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisam20223584,

Kindly refer to the below steps:

1- Please check if you have any browser security extensions installed, please disable them. ( Eg: AD BLOCK, Mcafee site/web adviser, internet security toolbar etc )

2- Also disable the Firewall of your machine see, OS X: About the application firewall - Apple Support

3- Disable Firewall of the Internet security program installed on computer.

4- Since you have a Mac machine then please check and confirm that your Mac gate keeper is set to allow installs from anywhere:

To do this Go to Apple icon> System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from anywhere ( to make these changes click on the padlock on the bottom left corner and enter your Mac password )

****These changes are temporary, you can revert these back to normal later.****

5- After this Launch your Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine, if it works fine then start the installation of Illustrator.

If the Creative Cloud desktop app is not working then please Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and after that follow the below steps:

1- Force Quit the below processes in the same sequence as mentioned below from Activity Monitor: see, Use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

• Creative Cloud
  • Core sync & Core sync Helper
  • CC library & CCX processes
  • Adobe Desktop Common
  • Adobe Update daemon
  • Adobe IPC Broker
  • After this anything that says adobe on it do a force quit for it

2- Go To: Finder > Applications > Utilities > ( Delete these two folders - Adobe creative cloud and Adobe Application Manager )

3- Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

4- You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library ( It will open User Library folder. )

5- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder and AAM Updater folder as well

6- Again > Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option > You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library ( It will open System Library folder.)

7- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder, Adobe Application Manager and Adobe Desktop Common

8- After this rename the file SL-STORE as SL-STORE_OLD

9- Run Adobe Cleaner tool > If present Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

10- Click on the link to : Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This finally fixed my problem after I updated to Mojave on my MacBook.  Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this finally fixed my endless issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Work perfectly, you are really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

have found this thread and followed all  described steps but the installation of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app on my new Macbook PRO is always freezing (not always at the same progress %).

I have been trying to install it on another computer with windows (and same internet connection) and I have actually succeded.

Any possible alternative solution?

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines