• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 version

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m a part of a team that working on a book but they all use CS6 version of InDesign, So I owe it to myself too .how do I download this version to my computer?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers me

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

From my understanding, the allowance to install on 2 computers is for situations where you have different devices and so use them at different times. So, it's not for 2 instances of the software to be used at the same time by 2 different people.
This is is covered below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download 

-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install 

--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media 

--the link below does NOT have a download for an Education or volume license 

-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive 

-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor 

Download old programs https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By that answer, I keep asking. The team leader has the paid software. By its legality he has the option to install it on two computers. Can he give me the serial number to install on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may already know this though just in case. It is important to consider that CS6 is quite an old version and is not supported by Adobe and even here can get limited help. 

While writing this answer, a question came to mind - are you writing a book and using InDesign to format it, or are you wrting a book about InDesign? My first reading guessed the book was on InDesign but considering it further, it may be just the tool for formatting and that's why everyone in the team needs to have the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand everyone in the team needs to have the same version.

therefore. The team leader has the paid software. By its legality he has the option to install it on two computers. Can he give me the serial number to install on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my understanding, the allowance to install on 2 computers is for situations where you have different devices and so use them at different times. So, it's not for 2 instances of the software to be used at the same time by 2 different people.
This is is covered below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The owner may install on 2 computers, but not use both at the same time... original idea (according to what I've read in the past) is a desktop and a laptop for traveling

Sharing the license is not according to the license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines