Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe programs on D drive

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a new laptop which has a C and D drive. The C drive only has 50GB of storage left but the D drive has 960GB free. When I install Creative Cloud programs is it possible to install them onto the D drive to ensure I don't run out of storage?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Hi Michaelm13886650,

Please check the FAQ section of this link : Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

NOTE: We would suggest you to install your application on the primary drive, however you can configure the installation destination from within the Creative Cloud app preferences.

Please be aware that there will still be shared resources stored to your primary drive, In addition during the install process temporary files will also be created on your primary drive.

**** If you have already

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelm13886650,

Please check the FAQ section of this link : Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

NOTE: We would suggest you to install your application on the primary drive, however you can configure the installation destination from within the Creative Cloud app preferences.

Please be aware that there will still be shared resources stored to your primary drive, In addition during the install process temporary files will also be created on your primary drive.

**** If you have already installed apps you'll have to uninstall it and then make the location changes in Creative Cloud Desktop app after that reboot the machine and now install your apps again and it should install on new selected location.

drivelocation.PNG

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have tried restarting and changing all the install paths, but nothing is working.  Please fix this my grade depends on it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix what? This post, 4 years ago, seemed to solve the original problem. Please describe YOUR problem in detail as it may be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble installing Premiere Pro onto my external hard drive. I have chnaged the download location to my hard drive (D) and I have enough space as I have 931 GB, I have tried restarting my laptop and I have tried to repair, reinstall Creative Cloud and it is still giving me the error 122 (insuffiencent disk space) Could you please try and help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite of selecting D drive for apps, CC app by itself installs on C drive bloating windows user folders: 'local/adobe', 'locallow/adobe', 'roaming/adobe' (~1.5 GB total). The more windows users accounts you have, the more this bloats per account and fills up C drive. I have even tried changing the user account paths to D drive but  even then CC bloats the same default location. I have also tried 'Add / Remove' programs, 'Modify' option to move CC installation, but the button is deactivated. For the record, my C drive is 60GB and D drive is a 1TB.

Dear Adobe, for computers with low C drive space, please provide a solution for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have an even weirder Problem because my creative Cloud does a similar thing the only difference is that it only says it does. I tried to install adobe acrobat and it doesn't work with the same error the difference is that it does install on the D drive there is even an adobe acrobat folder there and my previous Programms like photoshop and illustrator are also on the D drive but for some reason it tells me i don't have enough storage even though i have 700gb free on my D drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still need plenty on C. There's a lot of files that must go on C, like the Windows Installer database. In C is full your system is in trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to change the default to Drive D (with and without an Adobe folder) but I get an error "cannot install to root path." I put the Creative Cloud folder there but no luck!

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaintedStuff, this should not happen if you fill in the full name in Preferences. Please show a screen shot of your preferences with the Install folder set to the folder you created. Use it WITH the folder - as we've said it cannot work WITHOUT the folder, because that is the root path it's complaining about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work, thank you

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a full C:drive. How did you solve the problem. Could you move the suite to the D:drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some things will always be installed on the c drive, but the adobe apps themselves can be moved:

1. uninstall all apps you want to move 

2.  in your cc prefences, change your install location to a case-insensitive internal drive non-root folder

3. install the apps you want to that drive/folder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just change the settings from the preferences in the creative cloud setup. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/change-install-location.html

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines