• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Updates: Stuck at 0%

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've talked to Adobe support numerous times about this and I cannot get a solution from them whatsoever. Extremly frustrating as I cannot get any updates for my apps.

Basically, when I get a notification of an app update, I click update and the progress remains at 0% and never begins. I am able to log in under a dummy user accout (Mac OS 10.8.5) and install the updates, but that is a hassle and shouldn't be the way to accomplish this. I believe it is a permission issue, but I can't figure out why or how to fix it. I've uninstalled all apps, ran the cleaner tool, renamed files under /Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ (per other forum instructions), etc. and nothing fixes the problem.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? Has anyone had this same problem and found a fix?

Worst part of this whole thing...there is no other way to get an update besides using Creative Cloud Desktop.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ksumarine,

The following might explain and help solve the problem...

U44M1P7 - Updates :

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-upda tes-ccm.html

U44M1P7, U44M2P7 - Creative Cloud Help / Can't apply Extension Manager update 6.0.2 | Mac OS :

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/unable-apply-extension-manage r-update.html

You can also try renaming the AAMUpdater to AAMUpdater.old in both location of hard drive & user under :- /Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe after enabling the root account (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528). Rename it is in root account& your own account too.

Incase it does not work, please contact us at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajshree,

The solutions you suggest do not help. The issue remains. I've also called/chatted numerous times with support with no solution...that is why I came to the forum.

I am not receiving any error messages, the update just never begins and stays at 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following steps:

1. Enable the Root user: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528 and sign in there.

2: Download Adobe Cleaner tool: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html and uninstall Adobe Creative cloud.

3. Install the application in root user here: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

4. Try to install the updates now in root, if it works then come back to normal user and retry.

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolutely ridiculous "solution" for as much as we pay for this new Creative Cloud. The first link you sent us to has 10 steps. Then you want me to uninstall Creative Cloud, re-install it, and then go through the agonizing wait of downloading the updates? Adobe, you need to get your shit together immediately and release patches for this crap instead of making all of your high paying customers jump through hoops to get program updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  I'm using Windows 8.1, and the Creative Cloud application update was hung at 0% for me after I had updated all my other apps to 2015.  I used the Task Manager and went to the Details tab (Processes for Windows 7), and killed all processes related to Adobe.  After that, I relaunched the Creative Cloud application and the update went through without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for a few days. The update was stuck at 0%. I followed the same steps as mintzes above, and I was finally able to install the update. I have Windows 7 SP1. I killed all Adobe programs in the Task Manager, rebooted my computer, and voila! Success!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It worked! I didn't even have to reboot my Windows 7 computer. Now I'mtrying it on my other computer....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!  I was having the same issue and found your method and tried it.  It worked!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me.  The 2% Error 87 issue must be something different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What OS are you using?  I'm using Windows 8.1, and the Creative Cloud application update was hung at 0% for me after I had updated all my other apps to 2015.  I used the Task Manager and went to the Details tab (Processes for Windows 7), and killed all processes related to Adobe.  After that, I relaunched the Creative Cloud application and the update went through without a problem."

rmintzes troubleshoot worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked on Win 7.  Th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Windows 10.  Task Manager.  Kill ALL Adobe and Creative Cloud processes - scroll down the list, there are many.  When all have been stopped relaunch CC and it should start updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me on win8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rmintzes' solution worked for me on Windows 8.1 - use Task Manager to kill all Adobe/CC processes, restart CC and it installs the update without a hitch. Took maybe 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method worked like a charm, rmintzes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY SIMPLE FIX!  (windows 7 premium) right click on task bar - START TASK MANAGER - kill "creative cloud".  go back to desktop and restart creative cloud.  genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mintzes. This worked for me! I use windows 8.1 and also just updated to cc2015 and could not get the updates. Now it's working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killing processes (Windows 8.1) worked -- without a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all still wondering this is the right and quickest solution to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try it Michael, or the best option would be to contact support for this : https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me in WIndows 10, that is, killing all Adobe-related processes and re-launching CC control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines