• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Creative Cloud [desktop app] necessary

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering why does Adobe want us to download CC that bad, this applications constantly run a lot of background processes (even when we quit it).

So i'm just wandering, can I uninstall CC when I don't need to download any Adobe softwares?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

If you are using a subscription you need to have the CC Manager installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned Murphy:

That's not true. You can remove the CC Desktop app with the CC Cleaner Tool and everything works fine except the ability to update to new versions of applications. Minor updates are still handled through the older AAM method, so, so, so much better. When you need to install a new version of an application, you will unfortunately have to install that POS, malware-like, irritation called CC Desktop. Just run CC Cleaner Tool again afterwards to rid yourself of it.

CC Desktop is a total piece of junk.

Here is the CC Cleaner Tool. Make sure you only select the Desktop app:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this post, i didn't know about this tool _

2016-08-16 6:31 GMT+01:00 grauenwölfe <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Is Adobe Creative Cloud necessary created by grauenwölfe

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/grauenw%C3%B6lfe> in *Adobe Creative

Cloud* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8944446#8944446>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@grauenwölfe 

Thank you for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge kudos here! Using this, I was finally able to remove those pesky background processes. I also use my machine for lots of multitrack recording with real-time effects, and what Adobe fails to realize is that all these background processes actually DO have an impact on a machine, even on modern high-performance hardware.

ADOBE: You need to get rid of all the noise and go back to a more streamlined approach, even for "subscription based" models. There's a ton of strategies for keeping licenses in check and software updated that don't require running multiple background processes. Shame on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all Adobe products are great and easy to use.

It's a good thing to be positive and mention this first.

But that does not take away that things like these also deliver a lot of frustration. From the perspective of professional software development, I simply don't understand why such old school problems with software still need to exist at all.

Especially if Adobe wishes maintain a good reputation.

I have not recently measured it with the current versions, but I have quite often noticed that the Adobe background processes continuously take up way more memory and CPU resources than any other software.

Maybe those problems are solvable and the services can be changed in such a way that they are a lot more efficient.

But then still I expect 100% openess about what these processes do and especially when it comes to user privacy and data collection.

Final notice: Adobe is definitely not the only large company to be critical about. This last issue is a general one, but one that needs more attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines