Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License questions with using a VPN

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys & Gals,

First let me say hope you all have a great Holiday Season (Christmas).

That said here is my questions.

I own quite a few programs from adobe and have many from other companies.

Now I am concerned about my adobe software and here is why.

I use a vpn, lots more then i did before and with other companies I guess the software reports to them and it saw my license in different countries multiple time a day. So they were auto-deactivated as it looks like other people in different countries are using my software keys.

I connect using my vpn many times a day to different countries so I can view stuff I cant get where I live currently.

I've had vpn for two years buy just recently started using it lots.

So right now i am in multiple fights  trying to get my other software from other companies re-activated.

That leaves me a bit worried about my Adobe software as it is a bigger expense then all my others put together.

Am I going to have the same issue with my adobe software when at some point it will connect to adobe while i'm on my vpn from another country?

If it will be an issue how would I deal with it as I am sick of fighting with other companies.

I know the easiest would be to not use a vpn but it is needed.

The vpn allows me the freedom but I never expected software to get screwed up from simply using a vpn.

So if anyone could let me know if I will have the same issue with my adobe software.

I tried to contact Adobe but i no longer have phone support for it according to site.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Fred

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grenpara,

Happy Holidays!! Hope you are doing well.

As per your request, I have checked Creative Cloud subscription using VPN of different countries and it worked fine for me. I didn't see any unexpected behavior while using it.

The only situation that I could think of is an on-going GEO specific maintenance. Please let us know if you have encountered any behavioral challenges while using VPN of any specific country, we would be happy to look into it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Atul_Saini.

Thanks for the re[ly to my question.

I have no trouble with Adobe software and just wanted to be sure I would not.

Thanks for letting me know.

Have a great day.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be screwed with paid and well-known VPN services. I would suggest you using nord VPN only 
check the nordvpn review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there Grenpara, I see you're having problems with Adobe.  Remember Adobe is using thirt party support in their software.  When you use VPN for added security and set your Browser to use HTTPS:// only, yes you will be secure.  However some VPN's will block updates and this includes updates from Adobe.  When you use the Max security settings with VPN the Adobe updates will fail and you will also lock your Print Spooler if your printer is connected to your private network.  This also means the Adobe update to print your information after it is done, may also lock your station

as the printer commands transmitted by Adobe is not available for printing.

I'm letting you know these are some of my findings using Adobe on a VPN protected Windows 10/11 Workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines