• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logtransport2.exe crashes (unable to start) on system shutdown

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen references to similar problems here and elsewhere, but all of them seem to be fairly old, and don't offer relevant solutions. I am running Windows 7 64, with all the latest updates, on a homebrew Asus MB with an Intel I7 processor and 32 GB of memory. I am having no other problems with the hardware or with other software. I recently subscribed to CC, having been a Dreamweaver (5.5) user for a couple of years.

For the last couple of weeks, on shutdown (if I have used any CC program during the session, but apparently not if I haven't), I see a crash box for logtransport2.exe, saying that it cannot start. The crash box stays up for a second or two, then the system continues to shut down normally. There appear to be six instances of logtransport2.exe in my CC root directory - one in the root itself, and one in each of the trees of my installed applications (ID, Acrobat, Photoshop, Photoshop 64, and DW). There appear to be none anywhere else on the system. All of the files seem to be identical (V 2.1.2.1756; 4/19/2013) except the one in the CC root, which is earlier (V 2.1.2.1640; 9/23/2012) - I wonder if this is relevant. I have tried disabling participation in the Product Improvement Program, which appeared to be the only potentially relevant suggestion in discussions elsewhare, but the crash box still appears on shutdown. This is getting irritating! is there a known fix for this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Click on Manage My Account, (it'll load the account section on the website - so you can actually just cut out the middle man and do it straight from the website). Security and Privacy is under your plan, click 'Manage' next to Privacy and then un-tick the two check boxes about sharing data etc.

I don't know if you have to un-tick them both, but I did for good measure.

(I now realise that was posted in June, but hey - might as well leave the answer there for anyone else that stumbles upon this thre

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems at pfletch321.

My PCs are not homebrew, they are an off-the-shelf Dell Optiplex 7010 and a Toshiba Satellite S50-B, both with the fastest i7 processors and the most RAM available for each machine.  Like pfletch321 I am running 64-bit Windows 7 on each, with all updates, etc.

The crash box on shutdown started when I "upgraded" both machines from Acrobat Pro to Acrobat DC (which I don't really like but I'm giving it a chance because there's no way I can find to "downgrade" back to Acrobat Pro).

Any suggestions to eliminate this error on shut-down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"me too" - I'm having the same issue on a full, fresh brand new Dell build. Installed Adobe suite and started getting this error immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a "me too" post. I am having the same problem though it doesn't seem to be causing any damage...

I have 13 copies of this on my system, one each in the various Adobe app folders. The newest apparently came

with the new Lightroom CC install and unlike the other copies, it is much larger at 1,616 KB. The others are all at

or below 511 KB each. The oldest is version 2.1.2.1640 from 9/23/2012, the newest is version 7.2.1.3593 dated

4/6/2015.

I read elsewhere on the 'net that it is used for Adobe's (optional) product improvement feedback system. It is said

that you can disable this option to prevent this executable from running but I haven't looked into that or where the

option can be found and disabled in the software.

Hope Adobe notices this, there is a long history of folks have problems with this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me.  The Adobe Help article is, well, simply not helpful ... since there is no reference to the Improvement Program in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a quick 'me too' - I use Adobe CC and the popup error, which displays only on system shutdown, began after the installation of Lightroom. I already had Adobe Acrobat DC Pro installed with no issues, so for me it's Lightroom that has triggered the issue. Thankfully there are no reliability problems evident - just a stupid message. Adobe - get your act together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC locks up with a blue screen and on powering down I get the LogTransport2.exe error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help on the Acrobat Window. It now takes you to the help web page. There select Security & Privacy->Desktop App Usage Information ->Manage. On this page you can then opt out of sharing information about Adobe desktop usage. Not yet the answer but apart of the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were is Security ?

2016-06-01_23-34-02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Manage My Account, (it'll load the account section on the website - so you can actually just cut out the middle man and do it straight from the website). Security and Privacy is under your plan, click 'Manage' next to Privacy and then un-tick the two check boxes about sharing data etc.

I don't know if you have to un-tick them both, but I did for good measure.

(I now realise that was posted in June, but hey - might as well leave the answer there for anyone else that stumbles upon this thread and wonders).

I hope this sorts the problem, as it's been bugging me for ages but usually the pop up is too quick for me to see any good text to find out what it was - until last night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the solution. It is now September 2018 and the following solution needs to be adjusted as follows:

Note: I am using Adobe Acrobat 2017

1) Open Acrobat 2017 and go to Help > Manage My Account (*If you do not see this, you will see "sign in" - sign in and this will appear)

2) Clicking "Manage My Account" will open your web browser and take you to your "Account Overview"

3) Click "Profile" which is under your name/email on the left side of the page.

4) Click "Privacy" on the left side of the page and un-check the two boxes about sharing your information

The above immediately solved the problem of "Logtransport2.exe" being unable to shutdown.

Thank you @dark89 for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines