• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr6 can not run - as usual adobe does NOT work

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16 lr6 licenses. The last honest product adobe issued. A product I own.

But - of curse - adobe has made that product "not working". 

Logged on my account - I have a full CC for own use - I get a message that I am not licensed!

I OWN the product and the license code has been enterd. And has been working for years.

Ill like to contact support - and to do that I need to log in. But after logging in I am prompted to log in! So contact is not possible.

As usual adobe is not working. 

I really hope other buisnesses will come and make better products - cc programs works, but there is really room for enhancements - but adobe is so big - they just buy new startups and shuts them down?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx,

Problem is that reinstalling and not using a CC that I pay for - is not an option. 

CS6 - there you can use it without CC manager. But Lr6/16 can not!

I use lr6 so that I can stop using CC. 

It is simple for Adobe: just let a licence be a license - as everybody else.

Please adobe: answer this as a company. Why?

And: please Adobe - let me be able to contact your service and your support team - and get a answer.

I pay $$$ for CC. Every year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>contact your service and your support team

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very helpfull - Thank you!

However I do not understand why it is not a Adobe supporter that does it.

The 3-dot icon does not show. I am logged in - cookies are on, and so on... see below...

Skærmbillede 2020-08-07 kl. 20.54.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed it myself. Uninstalled Lr6 found all Lr - library system files, and reinstalled old version og upgraded to lr6-14. Works now - but needs a CC ID! (I have made one only for this install)

Adobe support did not help at all. I called 3 times, and they were NOT at all capable. 

Teaching I make students aware of alternatives where they exist. I think it will be possible for pros to shift to other apllications next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is discontinued and unsupported. 

Adobe customer care agents cannot help you with that product.

Use at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

As expected from Adobe.

Sold products are not supported .- even on the platform they where sold for (OSX-10.12, 10.13, 10.14).

Adobe sold this product until 2019. So one year after ...

PS: my experience with adobe products in the last 10 years is: it is always at your own risk... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you understand. CS6 was released in 2012.  That's when the support clock started ticking, not years later when you purchased your license.  You got what you paid for -- a 7 year old legacy product with no future. 

Adobe did not DO anything to make it stop working.  That occured on your end.  Sooner or later legacy software becomes incompatible with new computers and operating systems. If you want to keep using old software, revert to an older 2nd computer or get a virtual machine with an older OS on it. Do not attempt to use LR6 on the same volume as Creative Cloud. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines