• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac: Unable to disable processes Adobe Desktop Service, CC Library, CCXProcess, Adobe Installer...

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC on a Mac OS 10.13.6 and I have installed Creative Cloud 4.6.0.384. Due to my limited system capacity (i5 8GB RAM) I'm very concerned with system resources and I would like to have as less processes running as possible so I can save RAM while I'm using Lightroom or, at least, until I open it and I'm using other programs.

Within the Preferences tab of the Creative Cloud I have disabled everything, including Launch at Login, Show Notifications, Keep CC updated.I disabled also Creative Cloud Sync and Typekit Fonts. I also went to the "Extensions" panel of Mac preferences and disabled Core Sync. I went to the Startup elements on the Users preferences and checked that there is nothing there related to Adobe.

Now, when I start my computer the Creative Cloud app icon does not show up on the menu bar of the Mac but if I open my Activity Monitor app there are at least 5 processes that are always running, like Adobe Desktop Service, CC Library, CCXProcess and Adobe Installer.

Is there any way to stop this processes of running always on the background when I start my computing without uninstalling Lightroom or breaking the installation of  future updates through CC App?

I attach some screenshots.

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-19 13.39.11.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-19 13.39.21.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-19 13.39.59.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-19 13.41.39.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-19 13.41.51.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-19 13.41.55.png

Thanks, best.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Thank you!

Actually after browsing somewhere else I got it into /Library/LaunchAgents and  /Library/LaunchDaemons and in my /userr/Library/LaunchAgents and deleted all Adobe files. Seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No you can't , they will run with any Adobe application .As you can see that it doesn't take a lot of ram .You can remove CC desktop from starting programs ,it will stop some processes from running .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Actually after browsing somewhere else I got it into /Library/LaunchAgents and  /Library/LaunchDaemons and in my /userr/Library/LaunchAgents and deleted all Adobe files. Seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad you found this! I just got off the chat with a rude Tech Support named Mohd, and they were no help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sergiotous, removing the Launchd services will only prevent the daemons from being launched on login; they will still be launched when you open an Adobe CC app. I made a Bash script to kill the background processes whenever they're running: https://gist.github.com/jivanpal/30af7741721e597575e10f5ef8560062

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

June 2022 update.  To fix the CPU drainage issue, I clicked on Adobe Creative Cloud application-->uninstall-->USED MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD THAT OPENS MY COMPUTER NOT MY ADOBE PASSWORD--> hit unistall again and there was a "repair" option.  Once I clicked REPAIR, ACC updated and within 1 minute the fan shut down.  Whew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines