• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory leak in Creative Cloud.exe

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem that I'm unsuccessfully trying to resolve with Adobe support (Seniors and Leads) for over a month now. 

On a DELL Presicion desktop workstation, after installing the current version of Creative Cloud on a freshly installed Windows 10 with current updates, Creative Cloud.exe starts and within tens of seconds, eats all 16GB of my RAM. To the point that applications crash and even graphical drivers need reloading. All I can do is to shoot down the process before the system becomes unresponsive. 

Yes, we tried installing CC in several ways, both with the online-dowloading installer as well as with the offline installer.

I had a clue that this could be tied to my system being 7 years old, although it would be a surprise considering that it was still powerful enough and was running CC for years. After a month spent on support calls from Adobe without any result, I finally got a new Precision today. Note that this is an ISV-certified workstation designed to work with Adobe products. You guessed right - on a fresh installation of Windows, completely the same problem. 

Did anyone else had a problem like this? I really don't know what else to do... needless to say that having this problem for over a month has an impact on me being able to do my job. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still unresolved, despite my numerous reminders to Adobe. I do not even have any information about the progress. At least for ten times now, Adobe has promised to contact me within 24-48 hours, which it never did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The leak is still here. Did anyone have any luck in solving this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. 

I have spent several tens of hours of my time communicating with Adobe about this. They acknowledged the problem and I even spoke with one of the developers who tried identifying the problem. This was going on for over 3 months. Needles to say how frustrating it was. 

Just around the time when I got to talk with the developer, Adobe published a new version of the Creative Cloud, and the problem seemingly disappeared on my PC. However, I also got a new notebook last month (Lenovo X395) and the problem is present there as well. It seems to be present on computers within corporate domains using Active Directory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

"It seems to be present on computers within corporate domains using Active Directory."

That can not be the issue in my case. I'm just working from home in a basic environment. Or maybe it's because all my files are located on my Synology?

Maybe the issue appears when there are updates. I updated Photoshop and Media Encoder. And now everything is quiet. For the moment...

Going to buy a new laptop soon, but as i understand that will not solve the problem. 

Let's hope Adobe will just solve the issue soon and permanently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you said - buying a new machinr won't help. According to Adobe's statements, this is a memory leak, which means that it's a problem at the source code level of the Creative Cloud.exe application. 

Sadly, I also don't have high hopes that Adobe would fix the problem soon. When I found out about it, I was convinced that this is a major problem (we're really not the only two people experiencing this), but the problem still exists more than 6 months after. 

Save yourself a lot of time and don't even email Adobe about it. I've had countless chats with their support, whch always ended with a promise that I'd be contacted by a senior technicial, which never happened, although I was careful to point out that this is making the suite unusable for me and that it's having a negative impact on my ability to perform my job. I've also had I believe 6 remote sessions (each was several hours long), but they just tried to reinstall the CC from scratch, although I have told them that I have done that already or that it was a completely clean system. 

I am really disappointed about this, but sadly, I don't have the time needed to switch to another supplier(s) of different software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, after some time, I have found out that the problem exists only on a PC added to a corporate domain AND while using Avast/AVG antivirus. Luckily, our corporate rules allowed me to switch to a different antivirus, and CreativeCloud.exe did not have a problem with that. The problem disappeared after I switched to the alternative antivirus, also a widely used solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

that sounds good. For me it works on every Dell Machine for about 10 and more years within our Domain, but we also have other antivirus solutions. Glad that it worked out for you. 

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @korax1989 , do you still have a machine that reproduces the problem? If yes, could you collect a log file and share that with us? Details on the tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, I no longer can reproduce this since we moved to another antivirus solution. But I can tell you what I remember.

When the problem occurs, CreativeCloud.exe quickly hogs all available memory, and while it takes quite a bit of digging inside the system, the issue is in a conflict with one of Avast/AVG system services which behave differently than usual when on an AD domain. That's all I remember, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download and install >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines