• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

money thrown away

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent 1900 dollars in 2014 to buy a full license and now it turns out that it does not work?
This is a scam, at least they offer a paid update, .... but after that similar expense they ask me to pay zero ??????

We are all crazy?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they do not understand anything about loyalty to a customer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which license did you purchase in 2014? Can you elaborate on the issue with details like OS, version of the Adobe software, etc?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's plan is that a loyal customer buys upgrades and keeps up to dates. To not buy an upgrade in  6 years doesn't seem to qualify you as "loyal". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought the software (1900 dollars, a lot of money) it was an option
for life, doing the updates. But when I wanted to upgrade, it didn't give
me the option, I could only enter a plan with a monthly cost. the promise
has not been kept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand "... it was an option for life". What did Adobe promise and what promise did they break?

For several years people with CS6 could start up discounted subscriptions, but that was years ago. EVEN if the upgrades had continued, you can only upgrade two versions back, so we would be now onto about CS12, and you would have to re-pay full price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The promise not kept is just that. When I bought the license there were
annual payment options or you bought the license for life, ... yes for
life. If I had known I would not spend 2000 dollars so that after 2 updates
they tell me that I have to pay the full price again. that ... is money
wasted !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you paid for a license "for life". But that was a license for CS6. It should be obvious that computers will change and one day CS6 will stop working; so unless you freeze it on a museum computer one day it will stop working. Some people mistakenly believe that "fixes to work on new systems" are a free thing forever, rather than a key selling point for upgrades. Adobe don't change the systems to break their old software, but I'm sure they are delighted when it happens.

If Creative Cloud was released when you paid for CS6 you should have realised you were buying into something already obsolete.

The "license for life" thing is interesting. Because CS, CS2 and CS3 will have kept running on museum computers but cannot be reinstalled, not even on a suitably old piece of kit, because Adobe turned something off. I don't say this is a good thing. CS6 can still be installed on a suitably old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is something crazy. There is no paid update for Creative Suite today. Not for years. Please tell us what you were offered and what you paid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

order number
AD005481907

Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium
US$1,899.00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, by the way: a subscription, which would have kept you current, would have been about $50 per month, or $600 per year. So if you did subscribe in 2014 you would have paid a bit more - about $3600. So, far from being robbed, this was actually a good deal for you, as you had it for six years for about half that price. You were lucky it ran so long, but you profited. Now you can get up to date, and you've saved about $1400. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines