• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving PS and LR Classic from internal HD to an external HD

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I move Photoshop and LR Classic from my internal C drive to an external G drive? The internal drive is almost at capacity and I constantly get "low disk space" warnings. If moving them will work do I uninstall then reinstall specifying the external drive? My technical IQ is very low but I will greatly appreciate any plain English suggestions. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

To do what you want you first have to unistall all Adobe programs except the Creative Cloud Desktop App (but it is better to uninstall that too and use the CC Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe programs and files).

If you chose to remove everything then reinstall the CC desktop app only. Open that once it installed and click the Gear Icon in the upper right tool bar.

Go to the Apps tab as shown above and then click the Pencil/Pen icon and select the Drive you want all other Adobe programs to b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do what you want you first have to unistall all Adobe programs except the Creative Cloud Desktop App (but it is better to uninstall that too and use the CC Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe programs and files).

If you chose to remove everything then reinstall the CC desktop app only. Open that once it installed and click the Gear Icon in the upper right tool bar.

Go to the Apps tab as shown above and then click the Pencil/Pen icon and select the Drive you want all other Adobe programs to be installed to and make a Folder for them. I chose my D:\ drive and made a folder called Program Files and then a Subfolder named Adobe. once you have done that close all that and Restart your system. Then the main program files will be installed to the drive you have selected BUT parts of  the Adobe will still be installed on the C , OS system, drives. Nothing you can do about that. it is Just the Way It Is.

The link provided above is instructions for the older CC DTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was hoping to avoid an uninstall, but decided that I coudn't so ended up taking similar actions as you described. So far so good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that even installing to some other drive than the system drive, C on Windows, Adobe still places many folder and files on the System (C:\) drive. There is no way to stop that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for that advice. But I have another problem.

Besides to install in another directory, my system is not compatible with the recent versions.

How could I install previous versions from CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines