• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My install of Adobe Creative Cloud is significantly slowing down internet.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did an entire wipe of my computer to start clean because I was having severe issues with the internet (typing delay and video playback).  I was very careful as I reinstalled anything to make sure that it wasn't the item causing any issues.  Things seemed to be fine until I installed Adobe Acrobat Professional via Creative Cloud and then all heck broke loose on my computer yet again.  Things were extremely slow updating when typing and causing major issues and video playback was horrible.  I haven't been able to update or get into the Creative Cloud app.  However, when I quit the app from my toolbar (macintosh) I was able to get my computer to work normally again.

Please advise on how to solve this problem.  It is causing severe delays in my work as a graphic artist.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Adobe's cleaner eliminated the issue for me and several others:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My staff and I work in Illustrator and Photoshop most of the day. That time has significantly increased because the spinning wheel of death continues to haunt us between every freaking action we make. I have been researching this for weeks and see no response from Adobe. They need only look at my records to see I have been loyal since Illustrator 88 and have purchased no less than 2 licenses every year since then. I will be looking for alternate software. You're costing me lots of money, Adobe. Keep paying yourself ridiculous salaries - you're going to need it when you get hit with a class action lawsuit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if that's in the cards.  I just got an email about the LinkedIn CA suit.

Just had to restart my computer and (again) - machine had slowed to a familiar crawl, and then took forever to restart.  Come to find that CC had somehow enabled itself at startup.  I did NOT do that, but had used Photoshop once over the last week - so it seems like it might re-enable at startup if you use any of the apps.

So, I have still my CS4, CS5 and CS6 - do I understand correctly that if we just use these CC can be just be abandoned?  Can we just cancel our subscriptions at that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. Computer is down to halt most of the time, when CC is running. We are paying for this service and all it does is bog down our work instead of facilitating it. If this was a free program, I would understand. Please offer a fix to this issue, as you can see it is a major problem with everybody.

Thank you for your attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been experiencing this slowdown for some time.    And it seems to be getting worse.  Pretty much all the Adobe products.    Awful performance.   I even moved to a brand new fast desktop with same result.   Adobe i'd be glad to record a video of my performance.  Oddly when i look at task manager I'm not seeing any issues.  No pegged cpu at 100% or anything close.

I'd settle for Adobe even acknowledging the program. I've seen this same slowness with Photoshop, and Fireworks.  Windows literally says it stops responding and if I wait long enough it starts again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow performance, to the point of unusable started for me after I installed the last update of Dreamweaver CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent "upgrade" to Acrobat DC caused the same problem for me.  I see this thread is about one year old, no staff response?  I'm on Win 8.1 and task manager showed 5 Adobe processes some of them metering to 30% CPU on and off.  My mouse couldn't get cycles and would freeze for long periods.  Pretty outrageous.  I have no choice but to uninstall  CC altogether. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored my preferences and it resolved the issue. Here are some instructions: Restore preferences | Dreamweaver CS6, Dreamweaver CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since installing Creative Cloud my ENTIRE system is slow. One or two websites are not loading, while others are fine. And one of the sites is my email provider. I have searched, and tried to get help from Adobe, but to no avail. Could someone from Adobe at least acknowledge that they are reading these posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was able to speed up my system by using Window Task Manager to remove the Creative Cloud process on startup or when the computer started to slow down and, ultimately, simply removed Creative Cloud using Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner. Window's Program Manager would not allow me to selectively remove Creative Cloud.

So far: No problems from Lightroom and Photoshop, though I suspect that there will consequences down the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where my adobe cc helper keeps starting and taking my machine's cpu right up over 100%. When I click on it, it says 'No internet connection' - even thought I clearly have one. I quite and then at some point it restarts again. Doesn't seem to be an update option either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like File Sync is the big culprit for me. I turned it off and it seems to release network bandwidth back to somewhat normal. I think their file sync mechanism is a bit aggressive. If you have other things like Time Machine, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc., it goes bananas. Maybe that should have been a beta product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It's managed to turn my computer into a $2,000 paper weight. Can't even operate a web browser without the spinning wheel half the time (with nothing else open). Better find a fix soon, because between the computer value, the subscription fee and the storage I just purchased thinking maybe it was because of a storage problem, plus the incredibly massive decrease in productivity, this is becoming a ridiculously expensive update.

Thanks again Adobe. Maybe test this sh*t before you push it on the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Chris:

A fresh install of the latest version fixed the problem for me on this old Windows 7 box.

Initially I was able to get things back to near-normal by disabling, then removing Adobe Cloud, leaving Lightroom and Photoshop in place. Then the upgrade was released and I had just made a fresh image of the drive, so: What the heck? It's not like had to trust Adobe ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I disabled the file sync and things have improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues - my computer is VERY slow now that I'm running CC. I notice it mostly in the finder - just dragging files from one drive to the next, there is this delay when selecting and moving. Also if I create a new folder - I usually CMN N and start typing. By the time my finder catches up it missed half of what I typed. Only thing new I installed was CC. I'm going to try turning off the synch in Acrobat - but it seems just having it on my system is slowing things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's cleaner eliminated the issue for me and several others:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I just recently downloaded photoshop and when running the program my performance drops so quickly that makes my computer slow down. The spinning wheel will sit there for 5 minutes just to load a gradient or action. I'm a photographer so this is really an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me! whenever ANY Adobe app is updating, the internet is barely working, and anything else is working very slow. My PC is very powerful, with 32GB of RAM, 16 cores and yet, somehow, Adobe is killing it. Why and how? this is very unprofessional and hasn't been solved for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with the speed of my Mac and I'm not even actively using Creative Cloud. After huge problems with Acrobat X Pro on my CS6 Design software and no support or solution available, I purchased and downloaded Creative Cloud, only to discover that it wasn't compatible with my operating system. I have had to reinstal my CS6 after previously removing it, but the Creative Cloud application is now preventing me from uninstalling it, coming up with a message saying other Creative Cloud applications on my computer are using the application. As a result, it remains on my system which has now slowed significantly across all of my design software, as well as generally on my computer, including even the finder window information, even though I'm not even using the Creative Cloud application. This raises the bar to a new level of frustration with Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 years later and we are still having the exact same problem. And Adobe have not answered a single complaint or question about this in here. So what is the whole point of Adobe Support Community??

I am sick of everything slowing to a snail pace! I am now looking for other options other than Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue as of August 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God yeah! I have lost count of the amount of times I have had to "repair"adobe cloud so that photoshop will start working again. I am so fed up with it and we pay for this! Yet no one replies our queries, so I dont know why they have this support community! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines