Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY MAC IS CRASHING CONSTANTLY BECAUSE OF CREATIVE CLOUD ON SIERRA 10.12.2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Creative Cloud is crashing my Mac. Constantly. I am having to write here to see if I can get some help. I have tried the trouble shooting and to no avail. I am on Sierra 10.12.2. the CC app was actually not working well prior to Sierra, but upgrading has seemingly made things much worse, though I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS A SIERRA ISSUE.... so please do not lead me down that path. This is a Creative Cloud issue that crashes my computer.

It began with Creative Cloud not syncing. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, but it would constantly crash. After a customer service agent change the OOBE folder to OOBE-old it solved the problem... but now when I try to download an app... any app.. it freezes and crashes my computer.

Basically, Creative Cloud gets to 45-50% on any app download and FREEZES my computer. Then, if I try to install anything manually, it freezes about the 90% mark.

I have removed it and reinstalled it Creative Cloud. When uninstalled, Typekit, which I am paying for with the Creative Cloud Suite, does not sync my fonts and other assets.

I reinstalled it and then could not get it to sync. I also cannot download applications without it CRASHING MY COMPUTER. I can see from the forums that I am not the only one. Whoever is mod on this forum, please, I am looking for technical answers on how to SOLVE the problem.

I have looked at the PDapp. Log and see that there is a OOBElib error: 1 which may be part of the problem?

Again, I and MANY OTHER DESIGNERS are paying money NOT to troubleshoot your application, but to have it WORK.

I am looking for concrete answers:

1) How do I enable Creative Cloud 3.9.1.335 to download and install apps THAT I AM PAYING FOR

2) How can I have apps which I am downloading through Creative Cloud install WITHOUT CRASHING MY COMPUTER.

3) What can I change in the backend that would make this happen.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Will do one thing , we will provide full read and write permissions for Both Library folders for your regular User account and check.

I had mentioned the steps in below link :

Creative Cloud won't launch on Mac OS 10.10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to try all of this in order. Hopefully it will work. Thank you for this and i'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have attempted to uninstall CC via the CC program but it messed up (as in, froze and crashed my computer again.) When I removed the CC file It said "Uninstalled Creative Cloud with Errors".

How do I PHYSICALLY remove the CC program AND the Preferences and all folders associated with it? I want to make a clean start and I'm unsure of what needs to be trashed in order for it to be a clean install. Help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

continue with the reset of the steps (eg, the cleaner).

see if you can get to a successful reinstall of the cc desktop app.

and you can use something like 'app cleaner' to help remove some of the files left behind during an uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked. So I removed the program from my Mac. Congratulations, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm , ok did you tried installing the application from Root user account ?

Also , have you installed any other Adobe apps like older versions CS ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I successfully installed the Adobe CC application from Root user account and can be opened. But when I switch to normal user account, I can not use now. My version is 10.12.2. I called the Adobe to solve the problem with remote control. They said it should be solved by Apple. I call the apple and they said it should be solved by Adobe. Because all the other apps can be install and work under regular user account except Adobe products. So I call Adobe again. The adobe agency just told me they are dealing with this issue and don't know how long to fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do one thing , we will provide full read and write permissions for Both Library folders for your regular User account and check.

I had mentioned the steps in below link :

Creative Cloud won't launch on Mac OS 10.10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem.

This "solution" is all well and good but I have a better suggestion. How about making the software work as advertised? Why is the onus on the user to do all of this stuff? I have a brand new iMAc and completely updated everything and this happens to me DAILY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything: Creative Cloud Cleaner, reinstalled Creative Cloud app many times,  reinstalled Sierra and many other things. My macbook crashes and when it opens, the CC app icon is missing from the menu bar and none of the apps will launch. It works fine in safe mode. I use Creative Cloud in my work so I'm kind of desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with this for a couple of months. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache's, deleting folders, none of it worked.

It wound up being a conflict with another application on my computer. I had a piece of anti-tracking software installed. In my case it was Avast.  Try disabling Or uninstalling all security software and shutting down all other software. If you can then get creative cloud to run, add back other applications one at a time until you figure out which one.

I have not crashed once since uninstalling the anti-track software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix was similar. I went through all of my applications and utilities and deleted all the one I'd either disabled or didn't use anymore. In particular there were two that were associated with VPNs. As soon as I did that not only does my system no longer restart all the time, everything opens faster. It's made a huge difference. I don't understand why Adobe hasn't sent out a bulletin about this since there are so many Creative Cloud users battleing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post above is from 2016 and now in 2023, i have recently installed the Adobe Create Cloud and found that it is constantly crashing my Apple Mac on Ventura 13.0.1

@Adobe, this is not acceptable and you need to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rizwan3015444286de 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar - non of the new Adobe products are working consistently for me and crash withn seconds to minutes now. It has been days and I can't figure out what is happening. Will try the recommendation below now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Denise Dolgos 

try a clean install per my last message.  after everything cc is uninstalled and cleaned test your computer to see if it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistalled everything and now can't reinstall anything. All Microsoft products, etc. working (no other computer issues), so it is 100% an Adobe issue. Trying to talk to a human at Adobe. On hold. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is anything adobe currently installed?

did you follow the steps in my above post to thoroughly uninstall cc and did you use the cleaner tool?

what do you see when you try to reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking in on this! I appreciate you trying to help. I now beleive the issue was with the extrenal hard drive and the OS Mac update. After a few Adober reinstalls and nothing changing, I unplugged the hard drive and reinstalled and all is now working, so that tells me that the new OS is not playing well with the hard drive and it is causing lots of issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for your follow up message.

so, all's well now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines