• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Photoshop CC has disappeared.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did a download of some other CC apps, Photoshop disappeared.  Cloud thinks it's still on my Mac but it's not in my Applications folder.  There is also a ? mark over the PSCC logo on my dock.  Since Cloud still thinks I have it, it says its "up to date".  Now I can't download it again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Larry

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Thanks Trevor. I was able to contact a CC technician through a chat session. After hunting and pecking for the program he got me to find the uninstall for PS CC in the, Applications> Adobe > Utilities > Adobe installers > Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC. That was the only place Photoshop CC was found on my entire system. It did not show up in my search results.

Anyway, I was able to uninstall it even though it did not appear in my applications folder. I then closed out of Creative Cloud and re-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry

I am not a Mac user, but I can tell you that the CC Desktop Application Manager can get confused about what is, and what isn't installed and up to date.  Apparently it only checks once a day, but if you sign out and back in again, it will scan your system and know if Photoshop is there or not.

Whether it is actually gone from your system, is another matter best left to Mac users here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to clear the cookies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor. I was able to contact a CC technician through a chat session. After hunting and pecking for the program he got me to find the uninstall for PS CC in the, Applications> Adobe > Utilities > Adobe installers > Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC. That was the only place Photoshop CC was found on my entire system. It did not show up in my search results.

Anyway, I was able to uninstall it even though it did not appear in my applications folder. I then closed out of Creative Cloud and re-opened it where it allowed me to download it again. All is good. I guess it was just a case of the gremlins : )

Thanks for your help though,

Larry Maier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you were not put off and confused by post #2.   [Shakes head in wonder ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applications> Adobe > Utilities > Adobe installers > Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC

I'm placing that in my notes. For Mac users, the old "just drag the app folder to the trashcan to uninstall"  can mess up Adobe's install scheme and causes these kind of problems. Mac Adobe users must run the uninstallers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Actually that was the first time I was on the Photoshop blog. I couldn't figure out how to send a reply (didn't see a reply button). I don't want anyone to think I ignored them. I appreciate everyones help.

I own a printing and graphics company, and I usually have my artists handle the techy stuff for me. I just needed to finish something at home this weekend and "poof" my photoshop was gone.

Oh well, everything turned out in the end.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm,  you are SOOOOO not the first person to find this forum software clunky and non intuitive.  

You should stick around and answer some prepress type questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me as well. You will need to download again. Here's my solution:

1.Find out the Photoshop CC uninstallation app. ( I used Alfred to find it out )

2.Uninstall Photoshop CC

3.Sign out your Adobe Creative Cloud App

4.Relog in your Adobe Creative Cloud, it will scan your computer and you should be able to download it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem, however, I have many presets on my CC so am I going to lose all those if I uninstall and reinstall.  Does anyone know?

My photoshop is now saying photoshop 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines