• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old man needs your help

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Issue has to be primitive to you experts.

I’m an 82 year old novice dependent on my Adobe InDesign CS4.

During my training material design & development years we stated with PageMaker 4,

then PageMaker 6, then 7, then CS2, then CS4. I have dozends of valuable docs,

that I no longer can access and manipulate due to my current OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

I need a temporary solution, but can’t afford, nor need a new suite of programs.

Of course I’m long retired, but putter and am in the process of developing one more final program - 

‘What I wasn’t taught in school, but should have been’.

How can I still use my CS4? Or, what other desktop publishing program opens and allows me to modify CS4 docs?

Thank you ever so much. Please respond to [Personal information removed by moderator.]

as I don't understand these 'communities' There are an overwhelming number of options - too confusing.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>no longer can access and manipulate due to my current OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

When you have an old program you need to stay on an old operating system

You need to find an Apple support group to help you revert to an old operating system to be able to use CS4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Moderator moved to Download and Install from The Lounge.]

What if any error messages do you get with CS4 on High Sierra? 

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below for details.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

"I need a temporary solution, but can’t afford, nor need a new suite of programs."

=============

Why don't you get a 7 day free trial to Creative Cloud & InDesign?  On the 8th day of service, your trial will automatically convert to a paid subscription plan.  But you may cancel without penalty within 14 days and receive a full refund. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-install-trial.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines