• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC update failed (U44M1|210)

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep retrying but it keeps failing. Says it cannot extract the file.

What can I do to fix that?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Hi DaniLew,

Please enable hidden admin account and try updating from there.

Link: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/11/windows-8-enable-the-hidden-administrator-account/.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This alone for me did not work. But doing this and then going to disk utility and unmounting all of the hidden Adobe ISO's allowed me to go back and run the update 100%.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johannk wrote:

Jo Jacobs wrote:

For me deleting the AdobeCameraRaw Installation file or Folder in "User/YourName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/Install/" helped.

I deleted it and clicked on retry and everything worked fine.

This worked on Windows too.

Just go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\Install and delete the CameraRaw...folder inside. Don't worry it will be created again once your software updates succesfully. After weeks/months I have finally up to date software installed. And no complicated hidden admin rights involved.

It worked for me on Windows too. I was trying to update Photoshop CC (20151209.r.327). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for my install on windows.  I has also run the updater app as admin to be safe.  Seems as though the initial download was failed and it couldn't grab the files again until the old copy was removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Darron's fix works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer care about Mac users - they have their monthly payments, so why to take care?!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great comments from darron en lai (see 01.28.2015 post).  Reveal in Finder to discover that Adobe installer packages reside in the User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater directory.  Close any active CC or AAM sessions and then run the Setup installer packages.  For me, the latest Camera RAW updates hung up CC Desktop installations on multiple apps - frustrating, but this appears to work and everything is back on track now.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU Little Johan for actually guiding Mac users to the problem folder. I had to delete the folders out of "Install" under that directory in order to get the update to download again. I can't believe Adobe can't implement basic error recovery in their updater. With answers like "Please enable hidden admin account", it feels like we users are doomed. I'm paying HOW MUCH a month for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed Adobe creative cloud then ran as admin then it worked.

Start/all programs/right-click Adobe Creative Cloud and run as administrator. Then ran update and it went through.

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also set it to run as admin...adobe cc run as admin.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the Windows suggestions here, but Photoshop CC still won't update.  Instead, I get an error U43M1D204.  I'm going to search that error now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens on my Mac every time there's an update. This needs to be fixed. Time to crawl back to Aperture???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Mac.

Create a fresh user account with admin privileges and update from there. (I just called mine update)

Thats the official Adobe fix.

I believe its the same for a PC but not had any trouble with my Pc's. (yet)

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Windows 10 laptop and I have tried enabling the admin account and running the update from there, and running the CC Desktop as Admin, and renaming the Camera Raw update folder as suggested; none make the slightest difference. Come on Adobe- this is beyond a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit so no idea re Win 10.

Did you actually create a new account or use an existing one?   Maybe create is the important bit, just a guess.

I agree, Adobe should be doing more to rectify the situation and answer this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck does this mean? I am the only administrator on my machine, the only user. What does it even mean to create another account? This does not make any sense. Why can't we get support on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off the Chat with Adobe. I am on a Mac running Yosemite. They made me create a new user account via remote control support, even though I told them I did not want to end up with an extra admin account.

From what I can gather this is a mysterious problem that is in some way related to permissions (they told me to contact APPLE - which does not make much sense to me as Windows users are here, too) If you create a new ADMIN account and install all your apps that way, then your old account can use the apps but they did not solve the issue so that my updates will be smooth - I think I will have to always install via the other Admin account until the problem is fixed. I wish they would just admit the problem here on the forums so that we would not all be beating our heads against the wall over and over again. Here is the pertinent paragraph from my support chat

Date: 2015-08-12 23:45:53 UTC

To: Everyone

Once you updated all the apps through new admin account. Log in to your normal account. All the apps will work without any issue.

----------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2015-08-12 23:46:37 UTC

And the next time the aps are updated I will have to do the SAME thing all over again. That is not acceptable.

Date: 2015-08-12 23:47:48 UTC

Is Adobe trying to fix this issue?

Date: 2015-08-12 23:49:35 UTC

Adobe is trying to fix this issue.

Has anyone here fixed this issue? - has anyone talked to Apple about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For MAC users: I had the same problem of Photoshop and InDesign not updating. I just spent an hour on the phone with Prachi S. from Adobe Tech Support. To make a long story short, she informed me there is a known problem with the Creative Cloud installer application (the Adobe app that you use to download and install CC products). She said Adobe is working on it.

More detail: Prachi said the update that was shown for Photoshop and InDesign was for a patch to the Camera Raw plug-in. Because the updating function is broken on the CC app, she emailed the installer package for Camera Raw 9.1.1. After I ran the installer, the updated patch was installed. But the CC app on my menu bar still showed an UPDATE button for Photoshop and InDesign. Prachi says that CC app is simply not recognizing that the patch was successfully installed.

So basically, if you want to have the update to Camera Raw, you need download the Camera Raw 9.1.1 patch from Adobe, and install it manually. The CC app will still show, incorrectly, that Photoshop has an update available. Just ignore it. Presumably, Adobe will release an updated version of the CC app once it fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalled my CC apps, got stuck on the Photoshop update. Can someone help? (Admin user workaround did not work)

Edit: I renamed my AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater folder from 1.0 to 1.0.old - ran the update, it failed - renamed it back to 1.0 (deleted the one that was created) and BOOM. It worked.

Hope this is the last time I have to go trough something like these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post my workaround as it's not stated here. FYI, I'm on the latest version of OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I had to manually install PS 15.0.1 previously (using a link I found from Adobe that I Googled). However, PS15.1 just came out a couple weeks ago, which includes Device Preview Panel (which connects to the Preview CC app on your phone). I was getting an error message that the update failed, same as everyone else. I even tried Darron's workaround by going to Disk Utility and copying over the DMG files and launching them. That didn't work either, same error message was appearing.

Here's what I did:
- Went to Adobe.com to the Photoshop page, went to download trial, which, for some reason is an older copy 15.0 (You'll get three dropdowns which asks if you're a beginner, what you're using it for etc). If that doesn't work then just search for 15.0 somewhere.
- It launches Creative Cloud from your menu icon up top. Then asks if you want to replace (it's replacing 15.0.1 with an older version 15.0). I click yes to replace.
- Once that's complete, I open PS to confirm it's 15.0. Then I go to Help > Update (or something like that). This launches CC again with the update appearing under PS (which also updates a few other apps, Flash CC and AE). Then click update.
- Finally, after doing that, it updates to the latest version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been unable to update Photoshop CC after many tries, receiving error U44M1P34.  My operating system is Windows 7 Professional.

I have tried almost everything suggested in this forum, including enabling the hidden admin account, creating a new user account with administrator privileges, deleting the \Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\ folder, etc.  Nothing has worked.  Last night I must have spent an hour on chat with an Adobe customer support person, during which he took control of my computer and tried various things, the only tangible result of which was that, after that, I could no longer even open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (I had to reinstall the app this morning, but it now opens only irregularly -- sometimes it hangs or does nothing).  This morning I again chatted with an Adobe customer support person, who wanted to start the whole procedure over again – taking control of my computer, etc.  I refused, since I can’t waste any more time on this.  This is just unacceptable.  I am now considering simply cancelling my subscription to Photoshop CC and relying instead on Photoshop Elements, which I also have.  I am very disappointed in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today, after not being able to update Photoshop CC for two days, I decided to completely uninstall Photoshop and related programs, including Adobe Bridge, and then reinstall everything.  However, after uninstalling, I found I could not reinstall -- despite repeated attempts, the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app kept hanging during the reinstallation of Photoshop CC.  I finally began a chat session with an Adobe customer support person, who, over a two-hour period, did a clean install.  I now have a current version of Photoshop CC, and I commend Adobe customer support.  But I do wish that Photoshop CC updates involved less hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines