• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 on Mojave installation fails [CS3 is dead & gone]

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Macbook Pro.Tried to install Photoshop CS3 and got:Zrzut ekranu 2018-10-30 o 21.54.01.png

Also with newly downloaded installer from Adobe website and my account.

what can I do?

or how can I upgrade to higher version of CS (NOT subscription plan)?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Adobe has completely removed all versions of CS3 (and earlier)

There is no more special non-activation version available

CS3 and earlier are completely dead and gone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is no longer sold or supported.   If you want Adobe products now it's by subscription only. 

Suffice it to say that CS3 is more than a decade old.  Legacy software is fine if you maintain a  virtual machine or 2nd computer with an older OS on it.   But asking CS3 to work with Mojave is an unreasonable expectation.  Apple has made too many changes. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnx although Adobe on the website allowed me to download Photoshop CS3 for Mojave, gave me new registration number etc.

It just simply does not start the installer 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave you a new installer and serial number to replace your old one because the CS3 activation and registration servers are gone; not because you have Mojave.  

Legacy Creative Suite installers don't work with Sierra or High Sierra without workarounds.    You can try it with Mojave but don't hold your breath. 

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, any solutions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!!! - Photoshop, Illustrator CS3 running on Mojave and here is the recipe:

A tip from this thread (Getting message to close Safari Quick Loo… - Apple Community ) pointed me to reinstalling CS3 while booted into Safe Mode.

And to do the install it was necessary to dig deeper into the installer bundle per this thread (Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) ) and call Setup from the command line....and it worked!!

The other random tip I will share is that if one of the CS3 apps (Illustrator CS3 in my experience) balks when opening and the menus don't appear, just make sure to have the Java preferences pane open when you launch it as in this thread (Illustrator CS3 crashes after Yosemite upgrade )

Hope this helps and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...in addition to holding your breath, do the 'workaround' install above while booted into Safe Mode to avoid the Safari Quicklook error.

I also posted the full recipe with links in a reply to original thread (which is pending moderator approval)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great that you found more workarounds for CS3 on Mojave.  Good for you!   Just don't upgrade your OS ever again.  In 2019, Apple will bar 32-bit apps from running on modern Macs.

What Apple's 32-bit app phase-out on Mojave means to you | Computerworld 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem installing CS3 Indesign on my new computor using Mojave. I did this from a connected computor with a CD player. However, I could not activate the installation through internet. I received an activation code and called Adobe who told me they do not anymore issue the necessary verification code to fill in on my computor. Is there any other way to make it work? Like reinstalling CS3 according to the above solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has completely removed all versions of CS3 (and earlier)

There is no more special non-activation version available

CS3 and earlier are completely dead and gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you for clearifying. Then I will have to take out my CS6 I bought 7 years ago from the drawer and have had no reason to instal before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this very interesting trick. Can I ask you, if having CS3 installed on MacOs High Sierra, can I upgrade to Mojave and keep CS3 all right?

Thanks  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Can I upgrade to Mojave and keep CS3 all right?"

NO, I wouldn't risk an upgrade.  If anything goes wrong, you won't be able to re-install CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines