• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Installer does nothing

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Update to OS Catalina on my Macbook Pro 2012 my CS6 version stopped working so I bought a subscription to Photoshop CC and downloaded the installer. After unpacking and starting the installer I get a notice about security and that photoshop was loaded from the internet. I accept. Nothing happens. I start the installer again. Nothing happens. I look up the security settings of my mac. There's no notice about the Photoshop Installer being still blocked. There is no answer on the FAQs. Did anyone have similar problems? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

If you have started paying for a subscription, then you need to download and install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. This is not the old style installer that lightroom 6 and earlier used.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your computer user profile have administrative level permissions to delete/install software?

Did you uninstall 32bit apps BEFORE you upgraded to macOS Catalina? If not, you may have some problems.

Run the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove old files from your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Sign-in and install Creative Cloud Desktop App with which you manage all your Creative Cloud apps.  For best results, use a good browser like Chrome or Firefox that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, so I have the Adobe CS6 Photoshop license (a bit oldschool these days I know), I have updated my macbook pro to Catalina 10.15.7 and when trying to open photoshop an error message appears: ""Adobe Photoshop CS6" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work ith this versio of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." Apple explained that this is because photoshop cs6 is a 32 bit app and these types of apps aren't compatible with Catalina IOS. 

What are my next steps?

As I was away on a job on location at the weekend, I had to download Adobe Photoshop 2020 as a free 7 day trial - to access my CR2 raw files. Obviously I want to keep Catalina IOS (unless I have no other option to revert to an older IOS) but I also want to keep using my CS6 license. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have recently been made unemployed and this would really help me to secure a new potential job opportunity. 

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is 32-bit and will never run on Catalina.  Sorry.  You can thank Apple for that. Either revert to an older OS on a virtual machine or 2nd computer and never upgrade again.  Or switch to the paid Creative Cloud plan of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, how would a virtual machine work? Would it be like a parallels on a mac, but instead of using Windows just using an apple OS? 

Isn't there a way to link my CS6 to creative cloud? Its very strange how someone like myself who has paid for a license but then has no "future use" of the product due to it not being compatible with upgrades. 

As said previously I can't afford a subscription due to having lost my job, also I don't feel as if I should have to do that with owning a physical license 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Parallels is a virtual machine, allowing you to run 2 OSs on the same computer.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/best-virtual-machine-software-3671133/

No.  Creative Cloud is current software for modern machines and OSs.  In contrast, Creative Suite is discontinued legacy software that's no longer supported. They are 2 separate product lines, nearly a decade apart.  And there is no such thing as a "forever license."  Every product has an end of life.  CS6 reached its end of life shortly after Creative Cloud came out so there will never be another CS6 update.  It is what it is.  Use at your own risk.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What installer are you tyring tto install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have started paying for a subscription, then you need to download and install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. This is not the old style installer that lightroom 6 and earlier used.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, that solved it. I repeatedly went to the software page without having Creative Cloud installed. The Installer doing nothing without the base tool is completely normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines